Last Updated on January 21, 2021 by Husain Parvez
Finding the best 10 inch tablet under 100 dollars might have seemed like a long stretch a few years ago, but not anymore. Let’s take a look at what one Benjamin can get you these days in the world of portable entertainment.
The golden age of tablet devices was during the time when the Apple iPad was first unveiled. It set the standard for family-friendly large screen smart devices that could help you enjoy apps and games, media entertainment, and even communication the easy way.
A combination of factors such as the increasing screen size of mobile devices, in combination with the general decline in demand for tablet devices, has left the industry packed with competition, with not enough takers. While Apple has managed to deviate the iPad in an artistic direction, the Android tablet market, while dwindling, has given rise to a collection of affordable options.
Although big names in the business such as Huawei, Samsung, and Lenovo continue to offer smaller 7-inch or 8-inch tablet, it simply doesn’t fit the criteria any more. With smartphones sporting a display screen just as big as the smaller tablets, you’d only want to put your money into getting a tablet device, if the size is a decent 10 inches. It might have been impossible a few years ago to get your hands on the best 10 inch tablet under 100 dollars price range, but all thanks to the streaming competition, there are quite a few options for you to pick from in the market today.
Buying the Best 10 inch Tablet Under 100 Dollars
Just because you don’t have a fat wallet to spare on a tablet device, does not mean that you have to settle anything less than the best at that price point. Even at a below $100 mark, there is an impressive collection of devices for you to check out, some of which even manage to keep up with the latest version of the operating system. Whether you pick an offering from Amazon, that is backed by quality and souped-up software, or venturing into the unknown with a relatively new brand that is offering the best specs for the money, here’s a detailed buying guide for you:
Amazon Fire HD 10 is the best Android tablet on the market with a caveat. The Fire HD 10 runs on a heavily modified Android OS called the Fire OS. The Fire 10 comes with a responsive touch screen, long-lasting battery life, eye-catching color variants and robust built quality. The tablet also comes with kid-centric and parental control features, so the Fire HD 10 tablet is a family value proposition.
- Amazon Fire OS 5.5 operating system out of the box, which is based on Android OS.
- The FreeTime feature for parental controls on the tablet to keep tabs on what your kids are doing on the tablet.
- Built-in hands-free Alexa voice assistant.
- The tablet is well built and uses good dense plastics which feels sturdy in hand and comes in with a lot of color options.
- The Amazon Fire HD 10 has a 10.1-inch IPS touch screen with a resolution of 1920X1200 and 224 pixels per inch display.
- For processing, the tablet has an MT8173B MediaTek processer with a clock speed of 1.8GHz with 2GB of dedicated RAM.
- Dual speaker setup which provides excellent sound quality.
- The Amazon Fire HD 10 has a headphone jack, USB-C port for charging and transferring data and a MicroSD card slot for ports.
- 32GB of expandable memory which can be expanded via a MicroSD card.
- Up to 7 hours of battery life for light to medium workloads.
- 2MP rear and front-facing camera.
- Fast charging over USB-C port and a 9W charging brick included in the box
The Zonko Android tablet may look similar to other Android fishes in the pond, but the Zonko 10.1 inch Android tablet has a trick up its sleeve that only high-end tablets offer. The Zonko, 10-inch tablet, comes with dual sim card slots which support 3G standby and can be used to surf the net, use Google Maps for navigation and dial and receive phone calls. Slim screen bezels and brushed aluminium finish on the back makes this best 10 inch tablet under 100 dollars, easy to use and suitable for media consumption.
- The Zonko Android tablet comes with Android 9 Pie out of the box, which is uncommon for tablets in this price range.
- Good built quality and feels sturdy in hand.
- The 10.1-inch IPS display tablet has a screen resolution of 1200×800 with good viewing angles.
- For processing power, the tablet a quad-core processer with a clock speed of 1.3 GHz with 2GB of RAM and 32GB onboard internal memory which can be expanded via a MicroSD card.
- For cameras, the tablet has a 2 MP front-facing camera and a 5 MP rear camera.
- A massive 6000mah battery capacity which provides 6 to 8 hours of playtime.
- Good audio output from speakers.
- Dual micro sim card support which can be used for 3G data connectivity on the tablet.
- Because of the sim support, the tablet can also e used to make and receive calls.
Dragon Touch is known for its budget Android tablets which are feature-rich for the price range. The Dragon K10 is one such 10.1-inch Android tablet which may not seem similar from rest of the competition in this price range, but it features a Mini HDMI port to hook the tablet to a TV, and it can be a portable device to carry around to your friends how to binge-watch moves and series. With a responsive slim bezel screen and metal construction feels great in hand.
- The Dragon Touch K10 tablet comes with Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box.
- Good built quality.
- The 10 -inch tablet has a screen resolution of 1280×800 with good viewing angles.
- For processing, the tablet has a MediaTek Quad-core processer with 1.3 GHz clock with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB expandable memory via MicroSD card.
- In a casual setting, the tablet gives up to 8 hours of playtime.
- For cameras, the tablet has a 2 MP front and rear camera.
- Good audio quality output.
- For ports, the tablet features a Micro HDMI port, Micro USB port for charging and data transfer and a headphone jack.
You should not judge a book by its cover, and in case of 10-inch tablets, the Vankyo MatrixPad Z4 may look like a generic Android tablet. Still, the features it gives for its price tag is worthwhile to look at or least to say, to stand out, it has a flash module on the back with the camera. The tablet comes in a matt black finish and sturdy plastic built quality.
- The Vankyo MatrixPad Z4 comes with Android 9 Pie out of the box.
- The 10-inch tablet has a screen resolution of 1280×800 IPS display with good viewing angles.
- For speakers, the tablet has a dual speaker setup which provides good audio output quality.
- For processing, the tablet has a Quad-core processer with a clock speed of 1.5 GHz paired with 2GB RAM and 32 GB onboard storage which can be expanded via a MicroSD card.
- The Vankyo MatrixPad Z4 tablet comes with an 8MP rear camera and a 2MP front-facing camera.
- I \n a casual use case; the tablet provides up to 8 hours of playtime.
- Port selection is minimal with a Micro USB port for charging and data transfers and a headphone jack.
The Pritom Tronpad M10 looks identical to any other generic 10-inch Android tablet on the market, what makes the Pritom Tronpnad M10 stand out is the performance on the tablet is good. The cameras click good images for a tablet in this price range. The tablet is clad in plastic but feels sturdy overall in day to day use. The screen is responsive to touch inputs and is lag-free. It can be an in-expensive tablet option for education and media consumption purposes.
- The Pritom 10-inch tablet comes with Android 9 Pie out of the box.
- Decent built quality with a generic design.
- The 10-inch tablet has a screen resolution of 12800X800 IPS display with good viewing angles.
- Dual speakers.
- For processing power, the tablet comes with a Quad-Cor processer with clock speeds of 1.5GHz coupled in with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of onboard memory which can be expanded via a MicroSD card.
- Battery capacity on the tablet is 5000mah with a playtime of up to 8 hours with moderate use.
- For cameras, 2MP front-facing camera and an 8MP rear camera.
- Minimal port selection with Micro USB port for charging and data transfer and a headphone jack.
Although the Winsing 10-inch tablet comes with just a mear 1GB of RAM, it can handle the Android 8.1 OS smoothly, and basic apps such as educational, business and casual games run well on this best 10 inch tablet under 100 dollars. The Wingsing tablet is blessed with a good camera setup for the price bracket. The horizontal bottom facing speakers have a good audio output and are directed towards you when watching a video in horizontal view.
- The Winsing tablet comes with Android 8.1 out of the box.
- Decent plastic built quality.
- Decent audio quality output.
- The 10-inch tablet has a screen resolution of 1200X800 with decent viewing angles.
- For processing, the tablet has a Quad-Core processer with a clock speed of 1.5GHz paired with 1GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage which can be expanded via a MicroSD card.
- For cameras, the tablet has a 2MP front-facing camera and a 5MP rear-facing camera.
- The tablet sports a 6000mah battery capacity.
- For ports, the tablet has a Micro USB port for charging and data transfer and a headphone jack.
The RCA is a budget-friendly option for the Amazon Fire HD 10 kids edition, as it features a lot of children centric features such as pre-installed Disney content and audiobooks. The RCA Android tablet for kids is the best worry-free tablet for children as it has a thick bumper casing around the tablet and Google Family Link feature lets parents have control over the tablet. The bundle we have reviewed comes with a colour-coordinated headphone as well.
- The RCA Android tablet comes with Android 8.1 Go Edition out of the box.
- Customized UI for ease of use for children.
- Robust built quality with a bumper case for rugged use.
- The 10.1-inch RCA kids tablet has a screen resolution of 1280X800 with good viewing angles and eye-safe technology.
- For processing, the tablet has a Quad-Core processor with clock speeds of 1.3GNz paired 1GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal onboard storage which can e expanded using a Micro SD card.
- Pre-installed Disney content for kids.
- Dual camera set up with a front-facing camera and a rear camera.
- For ports, the tablet has a Micro USB port for charging and data transfer and a headphone jack.
- Google Family Link feature for parental controls on the tablet.
With 3GB of RAM, The SumTab Android Tablet breezes through the Android 9 OS. Although mediocre built quality and not a lot of design thinking process, the SumTab tablet comes with dual sim card slots that support 3G connectivity on the go. With a slim bezel and high-resolution screen, you will not be disappointed with the performance on and can handle daily tasks without any hick-ups.
- The SumTab tablet comes with Android 9 out of the box.
- Sturdy build quality.
- The 10-inch tablet has a screen resolution of 1280X800 with good viewing angles.
- Adequate speaker output quality.
- For processing power, the tablet has a MediaTek 8163 Quad-Core processer clocked at 1.3GHz speeds coupled in with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory which can be expandable via a MicroSD card.
- The tablet has an 8MP primary camera with flash and a 5MP front-facing camera.
- Dual Sim card support with 3G standby.
- For battery life, the tablet has a 5000mah battery capacity which lasts up to 6 hours.
- For ports, the tablet has a Micro USM port for charging and transferring data and a headphone jack.
Fusion5 has been synonymous with great tablets and laptops with robust features with a not so premium price tag since 2010. Now, Fusion5 has come up with the 104BV Pro Android tablet with the best performance package in the best 10 inch tablet under 100 dollars segment As with their Windows line up of tablets, the Fusion5 104BV2 Pro has an HDMI Mini to connect the tablet to a TV.
- The Fusion5 104Bv2 Pro comes with Android 9 out of the box.
- Premium built quality.
- The 10-inch tablet has an IPS Full HD display.
- Dual speaker setup.
- For processing, the tablet has a MediaTek 8116 Quad-Core processor paired with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of onboard expandable memory which can be expanded via using a Micro SD card.
- The tablet has a 5MP rear camera and a 2MP front-facing camera.
- For ports, the tablet has an HDMI mini port, micro USB for charging and data transfer and a headphone jack.
You have never heard of HAOQIN brand, but they produce a budget and entry-level Android tablets with respectable hardware and bloatware-free software experience. The HAOQIN HaoTab H10 is such Android tablet from the company. As with most of the Android tablets in the 100 dollar price segment, the HaoTab H10 does not stand out of the competition, but what it does right is handling the Android 9 Pie well, and basic apps run on the device without any lag or stutter issues, making it good for casual gaming and media consumption on the go.
- The HAOQIN HaoTab H10 comes with Android 9 out of the box.
- Generic design with plastic casing.
- The 10.1-inch HAOQIN HaoTab H10 tablet has a screen resolution of 1200X800 IPS display with good viewing angles.
- For performance, the tablet has a Quad-Core processer coupled with 2GB RAM and 32GB of expandable storage via a MicroSD card.
- Front-facing dual speakers.
- For cameras, the tablet has a 2MP front-facing camera and a 5P rear camera.
- 6000mah battery capacity.
- For ports, the tablet a Micro USB port for charging and transferring data and a headphone jack.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the cheapest Amazon tablet?
Amazon Fire series of Android tablets have been around for years, and have become the cheapest tablets you can find online these days. When looking for the cheapest Amazon tablet, your quest stops at the Amazon Fire 7 Tablet, priced at just $49.99, but is often sold for even less during the Amazon Prime Day sales. Available in Black, Sage, Twilight Blue, and Plum colors to choose from, the 7-inch display paired with a quad-core processor and a suite of Amazon apps makes this one of the cheapest Android tablets, backed by quality software support from Amazon.
Are cheap tablets worth buying?
Everyone would be flocking to get the latest Samsung Galaxy Tab or the Apple iPad Pro if they didn’t cost a small fortune. To cater to the consumers looking for an inexpensive smart device with a large display, a variety of big-name and newcomer brands have released budget tablets, some of which we have covered above. Whether a cheap table is worth buying or not, is entirely dependent on what you plan to use it for – if you’re planning on using the best 10 inch tablet as a laptop replacement for your workstation, the device may not have enough firepower to do so. But if you just want a cheap tablet that takes care of family-friendly usage, binging on Netflix and educational purposes, then a cheap tablet is worth buying.
What should I look for when buying a tablet?
These days, the ideal tablet device is one that usually comes with a hefty price tag attached to it, but even with a restrictive budget, you can still boil down your choices based on some important factors. If you plan to buy the best 10 inch tablet under 100 dollars and not a cent more, here’s what you need to look for before making the decision:
Size – Ever since mobile device screens have become larger, a tablet that is under 10 inches, simply does not satisfy the needs of entertainment on the go, and general usage, so stick to a minimum size of 10 inches.
Software – You won’t be able to find an Apple iPad for the price of 100 dollars or less, so your only option is either Android OS, or a third-party Windows tablet. Even with Android OS, you are better off looking for a device that comes with the latest version installed, at least Android 9 Pie, so you can make the most out of the latest features.
Hardware – There’s isn’t much processing power you can expect from a cheap Android tablet, but even the budget variants today come with a quad-core processor these days. Expecting as little as 16GB to 32GB internal storage at most, with at least 2GB of RAM to keep the processes running smoothly.
Battery Life – With the larger screen, you’re going to need more than the standard 3,000 mAh capacity for plenty of screen on time. Around 4000 mAh is what you should come to expect even from a low budget Android tablet.
As a consumer, you have the right to expect the most bang for your buck when picking any gadget off the shelf, no matter the price range. However, you do need to hold some realistic expectations when you’re picking up the best 10 inch tablet under 100 dollars to spare, in regard to the hardware, as well as the software. For instance, none of the budget tablets mentioned above carry a top of the line Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset. Also, while some of the enlisted tablets do offer Android 9 Pie or newer out the box, expecting dedicated software support over the course of the coming years, would simply be wishful thinking.
We hope that the guide above was somewhat useful when it comes to deciding which is the best 10 inch budget tablet for your money. If you’ve got a worthy contender who could make the list, don’t shy away from reaching out in the comments and letting us know.
- Guide to Unlock TracFone iPhone in 2021 - May 5, 2021
- How to Unlock Bell iPhone – The Complete Guide - April 29, 2021
- How to Unlock Telstra iPhone in 2021 – Complete Guide - March 1, 2021