Tired of looking for the best 10 inch tablet under 200 dollars that offers big-screen entertainment without breaking the bank? Here’s just the guide you need to find which of the best tablets under 200 dollars price range is worth putting then investment into.
Ever since we perfected mobile phones into the modern smartphone, the evolution process hasn’t stopped one bit. Since the traditional mobile phones had a much smaller display compared to the monstrosities that we carry around today, there was a quite the need for a larger smart device that wouldn’t be used for communication, as much as it would be used for entertainment, gaming, and general productivity. While brands such as Microsoft did take a crack at developing the very first computer tablet, the trend never really took off until Apple took the stage to release the very first iPad a decade ago.
It did not take too long for the Android OEMs to catch the drift and introduce the very first Android OS tablet in the form of the Samsung Galaxy Tab. After Google dedicated resources to release the very first Nexus 10 tablet, it was obvious that the race was officially on. However, times have since changed, with mobile phones carrying a display size almost as large as the Nexus 7 tablet, and the era of foldable phones ready to take over. The increase in supply and demand has made technology more accessible too, with consumers having the ability to buy the best 10 inch tablet under 200 dollars price tag with ease.
10 Best 10 inch Tablet Under 200 Dollars
The idea of a budget tablet was revolting to consumers back in the day, since it meant a mediocre display, unimpressive hardware specs, and software OS that wouldn’t last even a few years of cycle updates. Fast forward to 2020, and you can now get your hands on one of the best tablet under 200 dollars price range while making little to no compromises. While most of the best budget tablets do officially belong to the Android camp, there’s plenty of options for you to pick from the choice below, which also includes a budget Windows tablet.
Giving your kids a tablet at a young age is a touchy subject, but if they need one for school or educational use, the Amazon Fire HD 10 Kids Edition is the safest bet on giving your kids a tablet as the tablet is centred around children in mind. The Amazon FreeTime Unlimited is a specially curated subscription platform for kid-friendly content with cartoons, e-books and many more. Parents can set educational goals, monitor app times, set screen time limit and more parental control features that will be a sigh of relief for parents.
- One year free Amazon FreeTime Unlimited subscription for books, audiobooks, games, tv shows for kids included with the tablet.
- Easy to set parental controls to set screen limits, set educational goals.
- In FreeTime mode, kids do not have access to social media; Alexa and in-app purchases require parental approval. The FreeTime mode can be exited using a password.
- The tablet is encased in a plastic shell so that the tablet does not break with rugged use.
- Built-in stand.
- 10.1 inch full HD touch display with a screen resolution of 1920X1200.
- 32 GB onboard storage with up to 512 GB of expandable memory using a MicroSD card.
- Excellent battery life with 12 hours of usage.
- USB-C fast charging and 3.5 mm headphone jack.
- Dual front-facing speakers.
- 2MP front and rear-facing cameras.
- The tablet has an Octa-core processer with 2 GB of Ram.
The Amazon Fire HD 10 Kids Edition hand down is the best for kids tablet on the market right now, and we can’t recommend it enough for your kids.
The Amazon Fire HD 10 is the second tablet entry from Amazon with a robust set of features for the budget price tag and dense plastic built quality which comes in black, plum, twilight blue and white colour options. The tablet runs on a heavily tweaked Android OS, the Amazon Fire OS. Although Android under the skin, Google’s Play Store is not natively supported on Fire tablets, and you are stuck with Amazon’s proprietary app store. But fear not, we have found out the best way to install Google Play Store on Amazon’s tablets the easy way.
- Amazon Fire OS 5.5 operating system based on Android.
- The tablet is well built and uses good quality plastics which feels sturdy in the hands.
- The Fire HD 10 has a 10.1-inch touch screen with a resolution of 1920X1200 with 224 pixels per inch.
- For processing power, the tablet has an MT8173B MediaTek processer with a clock speed of 1.8GHz paired with 2GB of Ram.
- Dual speakers with excellent sound quality output.
- For ports, the tablet has a headphone jack, USB-C port and a MicroSD card slot.
- 32GB of internal storage which can be expanded using a MicroSD card.
- Up to 7 hours of battery life for light to medium workloads.
- 2MP rear and front-facing camera.
- Fast charging over USB-C port.
Apart from the inconvenience of sideloading Android apps and Play Store, the Amazon Fire HD 10 brings along many other creature comforts like Alexa voice assistant and a lot of parental control features that outweigh the hassle to sideload the Play Store.
If you can bear with bloatware which you can not remove from the tablet without some software wizardry, the ZTE K92 Primetime is one of the best 10 inch tablet under 200 dollars with LTE sim support. The K92 Primetime can be the best companion on a road trip with LTE cellular connectivity and bring along the entertainment with you.
- Android 7.0 Nougat support out of the box.
- Plastic built with the decent built quality and textured accents on the back panel. The tablet is little on the heavier side.
- The tablet has a 10.1-inch touch screen with a resolution of 19200X1200 TFT display with 224 pixels per inch with good viewing angles.
- Unlocked network for LTE 4G sim support.
- Stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos Audio.
- A Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor powers the tablet paired with 2GB of Ram.
- Nine hours of battery life with mixed usage with 9070mah battery capacity.
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 support with included USB-C charger.
- 5MP front and a rear-facing camera.
- For ports, the tablet has USB-C, headphone jack, nano-sim and MicroSD card slot.
If you are brave-hearted, you can use a 10-inch tablet to make voice calls too on the ZTE K92 Primetime with LTE cellular.
Compared to the Fire HD and K92 Primetime, the Lenovo Tab M10 is a well-rounded device with a premium feeling plastics, sleek lightweight built and minimalistic design paired with excellent internals for the budget range and a good screen for media consumption makes it one of the best 10 inch tablet under 200 dollars.
- Android 9 Pie support out of the box, which is near a stock Android experience.
- Plastic back with rubberized coating.
- The tablet has a 10.1-inch touch display with a screen resolution of 1920X1200 with a 224 pixels per inch density.
- Dual speakers with good sound output.
- For processing power, the tablet has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 processer with Adreno 506 Graphics paired with 2 GB of Ram.
- For storage, 16 GB of internal storage which can be expanded using a MicroSD card.
- For ports, the tablet has a USB-C port, a headphone jack and a smart dock connector for which the accessories are sold separately.
- 5MP rear-facing camera and a 2MP front-facing selfie camera setup.
- 4850mah battery capacity.
The Lenovo Tab M10 also comes in with some kid-friendly features such as Kids mode which changes the user interface for easy access for children.
The bigger and more premium tablet in the M10 line up of tablets, the Lenovo Tab M10 Plus is the premium cousin of the M10 tablet with more spect out options to choose from and a premium metal built quality.
- Android 9 out of the box with as close to stock Android experience.
- Good built quality with metal back case.
- The tablet has a 10.3-inch touch screen with a resolution of 1920X1200 pixels with thin bezels.
- For storage and Ram options, the Tab M10 Plus comes with 2GB/32GB, 4GB/128GB and 4GB/64GB Ram and internal storage options.
- 8MP rear-facing camera and a 5MP front-facing camera.
- The tablet is powered with MediaTek Helio P22T chipset.
- 7000mah battery capacity.
- For ports, the tablet has a USB-C port, headphone jack and a microSD card slot.
- Bluetooth 5.0, which is rare to see on a budget tablet.
If you need more functionality, power and ports on the go in a portable package, a windows tablet machine can give you these features and more power than the Android tablets. And the Fusion5 Windows 10 tablet is the best entry-level Windows 10 tablet with a lot of ports, and premium built quality with the versatility and horsepower of Windows 10 OS.
- Full Windows 10 Home support.
- Good built quality with metal back.
- The 10-inch touch display has a resolution of 1280X800 pixels.
- The Windows tablet is powered by an Intel Cherry Trail Quad Core processer paired with 4GB of Ram and 64GB flash storage which can ve expanded using a MicroSD card.
- 5MP rear-facing camera and a 2MP front-facing camera.
- 6000mah battery capacity.
- For ports, the tablet has, USB-A port, headphone jack, barrel pin port for charging, USB-C port, headphone jack and a MicroSD card slot.
Paired with a keyboard cover and a mouse, the Fusion5 can be the best portable machine with the Windows 10 OS, which can do much more tasks than the Android tablet offerings for the same price.
The Dragon Touch Notepad K10 is the cheapest Android 9 tablet on this list, but the one feature it has that none of the Android listed tablets has is a Mini HDMI port.
- Android 9 Pie out of the box.
- Good built quality with metal back.
- The tablet is powered by a Mali-T720 Quad Core processer paired with 2GB of Ram and 32GB of internal flash storage and MicroSD card slot for expansion.
- The 10-inch touch display has a 1280X800 screen resolution.
- Dual speaker setup.
- 5000mah battery capacity with 6 hours of battery life.
- The tablet has an 8MP rear camera with flash and a 2MP front-facing camera setup.
- For ports, the tablet has a Micro USB port, MicroSD card slot, headphone jack and mini HDMI port.
The Dragon Touch K10 best feature for the price has to be the mini HDMI port to hook up to a TV and enjoy the content on the big screen.
To rival the likes of Apple’s larger iPads and mini’s, Samsung introduced the Tab line up of tablets with the premium build quality and a powerhouse machine with top of the line specs. The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0-inch tablet is a jab to the Apple’s iPad mini in terms of pricing.
- Android 9 Pie with Samsung’s skin on top out of the box.
- The tablet has a metal built that gives it a premium look and feel in hand.
- The minimal bezel display has a screen resolution of 800X1280 pixels.
- The tablet is powered with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 429 chipset paired with 2GB of Ram and 32GB of expandable storage via MicroSD card.
- Dual Speaker setup.
- 8MP rear camera and 2MP front-facing camera.
- Micro USB port for charging.
- 5100mah battery capacity.
The VANKYO MatrixPad S30 comes with a premium metal built package with decent specs for the price tag. While the brand may be relatively unknown, what makes this offering from VANKYO one of the best 10 inch tablet under 200 dollars.
- Android 9 Pie support out of the box.
- Full HD 1920X1200 10 inch touch screen display.
- Octa-Core processer paired with 3GB of Ram and 32 GB of expandable storage.
- 6000mah battery capacity that lasts for up to 8 hours of mixed-use.
- Dual speaker setup.
- 8MP front-facing camera and a 13MP rear-facing camera with flash.
- Bluetooth 5.0.
The larger Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10 inch brings in more features than the smaller 8 inch Tab A, sporting the latest software and plenty of hardware to keep light gaming, multitasking, and general productivity apps humming smoothly.
- Android 9Pie with One UI out of the box.
- The 10.1-inch touch screen has a resolution of 1920X1200.
- The tablet is powered with a Samsungs in house Exynos 7904 processer paired with 2GB of Ram and 32GB of internal storage.
- 8MP rear camera and 5MP front-facing camera.
- USB-C charging.
- 6150mah battery capacity.
- Headphone jack.
The Galaxy Tab is the best all-rounder tablet with a few of the most premium tablets out there with a fraction of the cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best cheap Android tablet for kids?
Although Android OS is versatile enough to be used by children and adults alike, the Amazon Fire HD Kids Edition tablet takes the prize for this one. Designed to be a modified version of the regular Fire HD 10, the tablet comes with a 2-year guarantee for full replacement, and is backed by the Amazon FreeTime Unlimited service for access to games, apps, children’s books, videos, and so much more. The physical construction of this budget 10 inch tablet makes it ideal for kids use who might end up being clumsy with it, and you also get $100 off if you choose to buy the bundle version of the Amazon Fire HD Kids Edition.
Which is the best budget tablet for 2020?
Deciding which affordable tablet you’re going to buy should not only depend on the software, but the software as well. The three leading mobile OS platforms right now are Windows, Android OS, and iPadOS (formerly iOS). Hence, if you are looking for the best budget Windows tablet, we would recommend picking up the Microsoft Windows Surface Go tablet, which is priced at $399. The Android tablet market has plenty of contenders, but the Samsung Galaxy A would take the crown as the best budget 10 inch tablet under 300 dollars. Speaking of the Apple iPad, the latest 2020 iPad coming in hot at $399 brings the best of iPadOS at a budget price.
Where can I find the best deals on tablets?
Since new devices are being released every now and then, and follow-up successors of popular tablet series such as Samsung Galaxy are pushed out each year, finding the best deals on tablets is now easier than ever. You can head over to the popular portals such as Amazon and Best Buy to find great deals on the latest tablets, and enjoy a deep discount if you pick a generation old tablet. Additionally, some sellers offer brand new tablets at a steeply reduced cost that are either refurbished or sold as “open-box”, which could save up to hundreds of dollars on a single purchase.
When you’re planning to get the best 10 inch tablet under 200 dollars, you aren’t putting away a lot of money, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t expect value for money in return. Although the Apple iPad is still well out of reach for a couple of Benjamins, you can still find a mix of big-brand devices, along with up and coming names in the tech world when finding the best budget tablets in 2020. Keeping some key pointers such as the display technology, processor, RAM, and onboard storage capacity, along with software support is what makes a winning combination when picking a tablet.
Are you all riled up to spend your hard-earned money wisely in securing one of the best 10 inch tablets under 200 dollars price range? Do share which of these devices listed above is going to be your next buy in the comments section below.
- Best 3 in 1 Apple Charging Station to Get in 2020 - November 17, 2020
- Best Lens for iPhone X to Excel at Photography in 2020 - November 12, 2020
- Best Wireless Charger for iPhone and Apple Watch to Get in 2020 - November 8, 2020