Pairing up your tablet with one of the best iPad Pro keyboards on the market, is a guaranteed way to get some serious work done on the go. Here’s a list of our top recommendations on the best iPad Pro keyboard that is compatible with all the models.
During the dawn of smartphones, when the screen size was limited, and the bezel-less display seemed like a futuristic concept, tablets sprang into action. The movement was kickstarted by many such as Microsoft and IBM, but it wasn’t until the unveiling of the iPad that changed the game entirely. The Apple iPad was ahead of its time, bridging the large gap between simplified and user-friendly mobile phones, and the performance-oriented laptops that simply did not offer the fluidic user experience. Over the years, as mobile phones have become larger and lost their large bezel in lieu of more screen space, laptops have also taken the 2-in-1 convertible design approach to reclaim the lost market share to tablet devices.
To keep up with the ever-changing personal tech space, Apple has segmented its tablet devices – affordable and premium (Pro) series of devices. The iPad Pro, by all means, is nothing short of a tablet computer, with the hardware and iPadOS to support all work-related tasks. Whether you need to discover your artistic side with the Apple Pencil for drawing, or send out a quick report on the quarterly earnings, the iPad Pro has the hardware prowess and a larger screen size to do it. It seems that the only missing element in an otherwise perfect recipe is the best iPad Pro keyboard to make typing far more efficient and comfortable.
If you’ve done some independent research on Amazon to find the best iPad Pro 11 keyboard, you’ll soon realize that there are far more keyboard cases than there are standalone keyboards. This isn’t surprising, since even Apple offers the best of its keyboard in the form of the Magic Keyboard case and the Apple Folio Keyboard Case. Both of these variants are not only priced at a premium but might not offer the laptop or PC-style typing experience that you’ve looking for. Finding some middle-ground among the available best keyboard for iPad Pro, we’ve broken it all down into segments for portability, as well as type ability.
Best Foldable iPad Pro Keyboards
Bringing portable type ability to the concept of a satellite office space, the iClever BK03 wireless Bluetooth keyboard is built for work on the go. Designed with a unique trifold design that is easy to open and even easier to put away, you enjoy a slim chassis to carry around with the iPad Pro easily. Compatible with Android, iOS, and Windows devices too, the iClever BK03 rocks the latest version of Bluetooth technology for unprecedented connectivity.
- Ergonomic design with a compact folding design for easy carry during travel.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery with a smart sleep and auto-off battery-saving features.
- Premium grade aluminum construction with a Broadcom processor for cross-platform compatibility.
- Finger design keyboard keys for an effortless and satisfactory typing experience.
Apple and Microsoft may not be allies by any means, but this particular best iPad Pro keyboard is willing to play ball when it comes to helping you work remotely like a boss. Replicating the minimalist design and craft keyboard construction of mainstream computer peripherals into a foldable design, the Universal Foldable Keyboard offers a “barely there” aesthetic. Apart from a crisp keyboard setup with full-sized keys for an improved typing experience, it is spill-resistant for added durability.
- Multi-device connectivity with combability on iPhone, Android, Windows, and more.
- Rechargeable battery in a slim folio design can run up to three months on a single full charge cycle.
- The ultra-slim design with the only 5mm of thickness is even more portable when folded up to carry around in the bag, purse, or even a pocket.
- Smart connectivity features with auto turn off battery saving with Bluetooth 4.0 is backed by the quality mark of Microsoft.
Setting a new standard when it comes to foldable keyboards, Geyes provides a wireless Bluetooth keyboard for iPad Pro 11 and other models that virtually the size of a glasses case. The Geyes Portable Ultra-Thin Keyboard for iPad is built with superior craftsmanship, offering a folio-style tri-fold design with easy unraveling. Made with premium materials inside out, the folding Bluetooth keyboard is backed by thousands of positive reviews online, along with a manufacturer’s warranty of 1 year.
- The keyboard housing is crafted out of aircraft-grade aluminum that is good for years of vigorous usage.
- Weighing around 200 grams, the Bluetooth wireless keyboard is light enough to carry around in hand at any time.
- Automatic pairing and sleep modes features backed by months of standby battery capacity, makes up for lasting use.
- The matte finish on the keys makes it grippy and suitable for fluidic typing, while the aluminum base keeps the construction stable and vibration-free.
One of the more useful addition in the iPadOS in recent years is the ability to use a mouse pointer with the iPad Pro. Jelly Comb brings one of the best iPad Pro keyboards on the market right now, making most out of this new and improved mouse feature with its foldable Bluetooth keyboard. Apart from scoring all of the checkmarks in terms of build quality and convenient design, the folding portable keyboard comes with a mousepad attached to create an all in one typing and productivity experience when you’re on the go.
- The Jelly Comb keyboard is available in Black, Dark Gray, and Black + Silver color schemes to match the Apple color schemes.
- A combination of wired and wireless usability support makes it ideal to use even with a full-sized computer or a laptop with the USB port.
- Compatibility with Android OS, iOS, and Windows with Bluetooth 3.0 wireless connectivity.
- A relatively large touchpad is attached to the keyboard with a battery capacity of 560 standby hours that can last months at a stretch.
Best Laptop-Style iPad Pro Keyboards
An accessory provider for Apple that matches the company in terms of quality finished products, Brydge brings the next-generation keyboard for iPad Pro that turns it into a MacBook. The Brydge Pro+ wireless keyboard is a deck in itself, packed with a keyboard that has well-spaced keys and a full-sized trackpad that makes navigation on the iPad a breeze. Engineering from aluminum for extended lifespan and premium quality materials used all around, fast-charging, and USB Type-C connectivity makes Brydge Pro+ feel more like an original Apple-certified accessory.
- The aluminum chassis of the keyboard is machine-made to perfection to match the quality and color of the Space Gray iPad Pro.
- Bluetooth 5.0 technology allows connecting multiple devices to the keyboard at once with fast pairing and a USB Type-C connector to charge it faster.
- The multi-touch trackpad supports gestures such as pinch to zoom, two-finger scroll, right-click, and so much more.
- A charging cable, along with a magnetic snap-on back case, is offered along with the Brydge Pro+ iPad keyboard for added protection.
YEKBEE is a relatively unknown brand that has garnered support from thousands of customers online based solely on the quality of the product it offers. Presenting one of the best iPad Pro keyboards in the market right now, the YEKBEE iPad Keyboard Case transforms the iPad Pro into a lightweight laptop, minus the trackpad to keep the chassis lighter. Built with a durable, yet feather-light material makes the YEKBEE keyboard easy to carry, while the chiclet full-sized keyboard is a pleasure to type on, no matter how long the essay or the business report may be.
- The durable polycarbonate shell of the keyboard and the iPad shell prevent accidental damage while offering rigidity to the iPad while in use.
- Large keyboard with spread out keys, along with a row of function keys for versatile typing, with chiclet keys and backlight illumination for night time use.
- The YEKBEE keyboard for iPad Pro is available in a range of colors – Black, Blue, Silver, Rose Gold, Violet, Space Gray, Navy Blue, and Titanium.
Loved and adored by customers online with thousands of five-star reviews to its name, the LENRICH iPad Pro 12.9 keyboard case is a sight to behold. Available for all the different generations of the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, the wireless keyboard case is made out of ABS material, along with laser cutouts for the ports. Available in a bunch of different color schemes, the swivel hinge allows 180-degree rotation to flip the iPad around entirely.
- The LENRICH iPad Pro keyboard is available in Rose Gold, Black, and Silver, crafted out of premium quality ABS plastic with a smooth finish.
- Hardshell for the iPad case with a 180-degree swivel to easily rotate the iPad screen, putting the display in front for touch use when needed.
- Scissor-style keys which, although do not have backlight illumination, offer sturdy clicks for smooth typing all along.
Turning your lovable iPad Pro into a laptop with just one quick addition is what the Levet Keyboard Case does. Built as an iPad Pro 12.9 keyboard case, Levet unlocks the potential of iPadOS with the brand-new touchpad that is built right into the deck of this keyboard. Apart from a natural fit design that adds less than 3 lbs to the iPad itself, you get all-round protection for the premium tablet. The addition of a 360-degree swivel rotating screen, in combination with a backlit keyboard is what makes the Levet keyboard a smart buy for iPad Pro users.
- The Levet keyboard supports both, iPad Pro 2020 12.9-inch variant, along with the iPad Pro 2018 version.
- A backlit keyboard with chiclet keys offers commanding control over typing, with backlight illumination to enable typing at night.
- Available in Black and Rose Gold color schemes, with a turnaround display hinge for easy screen sharing and converting the screen into writing surface easily.
- The Apple Pencil holder is built on the side, along with around 350 hours of standby usage time, and 3 hours of continuous backlight usage.
Best iPad Pro Keyboards with Unique Design
A pioneer in the world of computer peripherals and mobile phone accessories, Logitech has dived into the iOS accessories market with a Bluetooth keyboard that does justice to the iPad Pro. Built with quality and user experience in mind, the Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard offers a far-fetched connectivity range, with the ability to switch between different devices with the flick of a dial. The best part about the Logitech keyboard is the indent, which allows you to place the iPad Pro vertically or horizontally right in front of the keyboard while you do the typing.
- Bluetooth 4.0 integrated with the range of 10 meters of wireless connectivity across the area for ease of use.
- The dedicated dial on the left of the keyboard allows you to effortlessly switch between the 3 devices you connect the keyboard to simultaneously.
- Available in Black-Green, and White color schemes to choose from.
- Rounded and ergonomically designed keyboard with special function buttons to improve the typing speed and user experience.
While you can find plenty of Bluetooth keyboards dime a dozen online, they are designed to work with computers, and offer no mechanism to keep the iPad Pro upright. However, the SANWA Slim Bluetooth Keyboard comes out of the shadows to provide a full-fledged keyboard for iPad Pro 11 and 12.9. Offering a seamless construction that is inclined at an angle for a better typing experience, the unique stretchable stands that protrude from behind the keyboard are the supporting pegs on which your iPad rests. At the same time, you type away on the premium keyboard without a worry in sight.
- The latest standard in Bluetooth technology allows you to hook up 3 devices at once with the SANWA keyboard.
- Function keys integrated into the keyboard allow easy controls for the volume controls, home button, search, and more.
- Support for Android OS, iOS, and Windows devices with a compact stand that can take the weight of every tablet out there.
- The SANWA slim keyboard with chiclet-style keys (Pantograph switch keys) makes for relaxing and effortless typing.
Picking any of the portable best keyboards for iPad Pro 11 and 12.9 models from the list above are going to result in a pleasurable experience. However, it can’t beat the cakewalk that typing on a standard keyboard is like, especially the ones Apple used to make before the “Butterfly” keys came along. OMOTON Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard brings back the classic in a gorgeous aluminum frame, crafted with full-size keys that match the Apple layout entirely.
- The OMOTON Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard is offered in Rose Gold, White, and Grey color schemes to choose from.
- Cord-free connection via Bluetooth can be established with multiple devices at once, with a connectivity range of 10 meters.
- Large size keys, along with a QWERTY layout and dedicated function keys make this keyboard for iPad Pro as equipped as the original ones from Apple.
- Instead of a rechargeable battery built into the keyboard, it comes with a slot for 2 X AAA batteries that can last up to half a year on standby.
There’s no denying the fact that mechanical keyboards are far superior to the modern chiclet-style keyboards, and preferred by typists and gamers all over the world for their tactile feedback. Well, if you ever wanted to be a “Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner” on PUBG Mobile, now’s your way to do it with the DIERYA Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. The “60% mechanical keyboard” has been shrunk to be portable enough for you to carry around anywhere while sparing no features such as RGB colors, tactile feedback, and plenty of battery capacity to keep the keyboard clicking for weeks.
- Powerful mechanical keys with ergonomically designed keys, making it perfect for long-term typing and gaming as well.
- Eight different RGB color effects to pick from, with varying modes of RGB color to light it all up.
- It is built to work with Android, iOS, and Windows as well, packing a battery capacity of 1900mAh to run for weeks on a single full charge cycle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the iPad Pro keyboard replace my laptop?
The Apple iPad could never compete with an Ultrabook or even a MacBook for that matter until iPadOS came along with support for a mouse tracker. The Magic Keyboard adds a MacBook keyboard and mousepad to the iPad Pro 2020. Still, it is the iPad OS that brings a polished home screen, external wireless display for Mac OS X, and a plethora of multi-tasking features is what brings the iPad Pro on par with the top portability-preferred laptops. Sure, the iPad Pro isn’t there yet, especially since it does not have features for screen share on FaceTime and extended software support by third-party apps, but it very well a few updates away from replacing your laptop.
What is the best iPad Pro keyboard under 20 dollars?
Although we generally advise investing in the best iPad Pro keyboard just as you would in a pair of shoes, cheaper seems to be better in the case of the Arteck HB030B Universal Slim Portable Wireless Keyboard. Offering a razor slim design that is easy to put away with the iPad Pro when not in use, the keys are not only backlit, but you have the choice to pick from 7 different color variants. The battery of the Arteck HB030B Universal Slim Portable Wireless Keyboard lasts around six months on standby. It is rechargeable as well, and a 2-year warranty covers everything against all manufacturing defects.
How do I use voice typing on iPad Pro?
If typing down words is too much for you, there is a voice typing feature built into the iPad Pro that you can use to dictate everything accurately, with the help of Siri easily. All you need to do is open the keyboard, press the microphone icon and let Siri take over the typing. Speak out whatever you wish to type on to the iPad screen, and press the Done button once you’re finished. Apple doesn’t even ask you to do away with the punctuations, since you can dictate a question mark, ellipsis, quotation marks, asterisk, colon, and everything else.
Is it possible to use a mouse with iPad Pro?
Apple unveiled the feature to use a mouse with your iPad with the iPadOS 13, and although it is still in beta and a bit buggy, the feature is pretty much ready to roll. However, you will need to enable it from the Accessibility menu first, since it is an extended option of the AssistiveTouch feature of iOS. To enable it, head to Settings – Accessibility, and access the AssistiveTouch toggle and then head over to the Pointing Devices option. Once you’ve enabled the feature, connect any Bluetooth mouse to the iPad Pro, or hook up a wired mouse using a USB Type-C to USB Type-A connector and start using the mouse.
You don’t need an Apple iPad Pro 11 keyboard to type, since the virtual keyboard does a fine job in itself. However, there’s no denying that a physical keyboard, with its keystrokes and satisfying clickety clacks, is incomparable to the virtual one. After the rebranding and revamping of iOS for iPad into iPadOS, Apple has powered up the iPad Pro 2020 hardware, as well as the software to the extent that it can go toe to toe with most of the budget Ultrabook laptops on the market. The addition of the best keyboard for iPad Pro is just the missing key to turning the tablet into a portable productivity machine.
While it may not be powerful, or versatile enough to make you bid farewell to your laptop just yet, but you won’t be complaining too much as you work when traveling with the best iPad Pro 12.9 keyboard by your side. Would you rather pick up one of the best keyboards for iPad Pro for a dedicated typing experience, or does an iPad Pro case with keyboard built-in seem like a better deal? Be sure to share with us what you think about it in the comments section below.
- Best iPhone Lens for Video to Buy in 2020 for Photography - September 26, 2020
- Best iPhone Hearing Aid to Buy in 2020 - September 24, 2020
- Best iPad Pro Screen Protector for Drawing to Get in 2020 - September 23, 2020