The iPhone 7 was the first iPhone to ditch the headphone jack in favor of a sleeker design. And while at first, finding wireless earbuds that worked well with it was a bit tough, it’s now been 4 years – finding decent iPhone 7 earbuds is much easier now.
So, with that being said, let us check out some great options!
If we’re talking about the best iPhone 7 earbuds that one can get, it’s hard not to mention Apple’s AirPods. After all, they are specifically designed to work with their devices. So, for those of you who can afford them, it’s kind of hard to go wrong with them.
- Great audio
- Good build quality
- Works very well with the Apple ecosystem
- Compatible with Siri 24/7
- Decent battery life
- Charging case
- No ear-hook or locking mechanism
- No on-board buttons/controls
- Not the best pick for sports
Overall, if you’re willing to spend a lot of money and you’re not afraid of losing one or both of the earbuds to the lack of an ear-hook, then this is quite possibly your best option.
As we mentioned above, the AirPods are all-around great earbuds and potentially the best that you can grab for an iPhone. However, there is no doubt that they may not be the best pick for an athletic person who loves listening to music while working out. If you find yourself in this category, consider checking out the Powerbeats Pro!
At this point, let us not forget to mention that they are even more expensive than Apple’s “casual” offering. So, if you’re not willing to reach deep into your pocket, you best move on and check one of our alternative options instead.
But, for those who don’t mind paying a premium, there are a ton of reasons to get this instead of the AirPods or anything else. For once, you’re getting superb battery life, great audio quality, onboard controls, and ear-hooks – all in one package.
Just like with the AirPods, you can charge them in their case. Their battery can last up to 9 hours and more than 24 hours in combination with their charging case.
- Suitable for sports
- Great battery life
- Great build quality
- Charging case
- Work very well with Apple’s ecosystem
- Very expensive
Overall, if you’re into sports, this is one of the best picks for you.
True enough, over-ear headphones aren’t exactly earbuds. But, there is no doubt that some people will prefer them over earbuds – which is why we thought that they are worthy of a mention.
After all, they offer superior bass, sound isolation, and, for some people, superior levels of comfort as well (Which tends to be a matter of personal preference, by the way).
Their bigger size allows for a bigger battery which, by the way, can give you up to 22 hours of use on a single charge. Good luck beating that with earbuds.
Due to their big battery/batteries, they are also noticeably heavier. But, since they are resting on our head, the weight isn’t all that annoying, really.
If there’s one downside, apart from the weight, then that’s definitely going to be the price or their portability – depending on who you’re asking. Sometimes, both of them.
So far, this is the most expensive pick on this list. We know that there’s a recurring them here – but we swear that we are not doing this on purpose.
- Superior bass and audio quality
- Superb noise canceling and audio isolation
- Suitable for sports
- Work well with Apple’s ecosystem (Even though they are not made by apple, they use their W1 chip)
- Best battery life you can get from wireless headphones (At least from the ones on this list)
- Heavier than earbuds
- Not nearly as portable as something that you can stuff in your pocket
- Most expensive pick on this list
Overall, if you need decent over-ear headphones for your iPhone 7, this is one of the best options.
Don’t like the idea of using wireless earbuds? Well, you don’t have to. Even though the iPhone 7 doesn’t come with a 3.5mm jack, Apple claims that these earbuds work with any iPhone that has a lighting port – which is the case for the iPhone 7.
- Relatively cheap
- You don’t have to worry about battery life or losing them
- Decent sound quality for the money
- Works with all Apple devices that have a lightning port
- Statistically more likely for something to go wrong in their lifespan due to the overall reliability of the cables
Overall, if you need something that’s cheap, wired, without necessarily being trash, go for it.
These are all of the options that we mentioned in this article:
- Best overall: Apple AirPods
- Best for sports: Apple Powerbeats Pro
- If you want Over-Ear: Beats Studio3
- And if you want something wired: Air Pods Lightning
That’s all for now. If you’ve got any comments or questions to make, feel free to let us know about them in the comments section down below!