Pairing up with the best iPhone headset with mic is the need of this hour of working from home and connected communication during gameplay. Here’s our list of the best iPhone headphones with external mic for distract-free conversations at all times.
Even before the art of “work from home” became the norm for businesses to operate, there has been a growing need for mobile communication. We carry around the world in our pocket through mobile phones, which connect everything from our personal lives, to the office work. Whether you’re planning to set up an online meeting with a prospective client, or need to send out an urgent email, your smartphone is the center of your tiny universe for all of it. If a part of your daily work schedule involves picking up the phone dozens of times a day, you’re going to grow tired if you don’t have an audio headset to go along with it.
The best iPhone headset with mic to pick up right now is that helps you not only hear the speaker clearly with features such as noise cancelation, but you also need a dedicated microphone to make sure the recipient can hear you clearly. But it doesn’t always have to be serious business, since a pair of Bluetooth or wired headsets can allow you to chat freely during gaming with your online squad. From vital communication to operating your personal podcast from the convenience of your iPhone, we bring you a list of premium quality headsets that are worth every dollar you’re going to put into them.
Best iPhone Headset with Mic
Most headsets for mobile devices, even from well-established brands are still available in wired form for extra reliability during calls. However, since the iPhone no longer has a 3.5mm headphone jack, you won’t be able to use any wired headset with iPhone right out of the box. Hence, we recommend picking up an Apple Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter if you plan to pick up any of the best wired headsets with mic on the list.
Best Wired Headsets for iPhone
Sennheiser makes some of the best audiophile and premium audio equipment in the market for consumers. But, the Sennheiser SC 165 brings the same built quality and audio quality for working from home headsets and general work headsets. The SC 165 has a sleek, thin headband and comfortable cushion padding for relaxing video calling hours. With the connector being a 3.5mm jack, you can use the adjustable boom arm microphone with a 3.5mm headphone adapter on your iPhone.
- The headset has a good built quality with the right plastics.
- The headband is streamlined and has adequate cushioning for more extended use.
- On-ear style headset design provides good sound quality output for video and voice calls.
- The adjustable boom arm noise-canceling microphone provides the best voice calling clarity on the other end.
- The earcups are height adjustable.
- The headset connects via a 3.5mm headphone connector for a lightning adapter and also comes with a USB connector which provides additional headset controls.
The Cyber Acoustics is one of the best budget headset options out there for students looking out for good budget headsets for their online schooling. But, don’t let the budget tag let you down, as the Cyber Acoustics has all the bells and whistles for a hassle-free experience for online classes. The headset is lightweight, and the streamlined headband gives good support to the head. The over-ear style design provides some passive sound isolation if you have a busy environment and an extended noise cancellation microphone arm for call clarity.
- The headset has a good built quality for a budget headset, and the grey color scheme does not distract any attention to other students while in a video conference.
- The stereo headset provides good sound clarity for video and voice calls.
- The on-ear adjustable earcup design does provide some passive noise reduction.
- The extended omnidirectional noise-canceling microphone arm provides clear voice clarity to the person on the other side.
- It uses a 3.5mm connector for connecting to your iPhone via lightning to headphone jack adapter.
If you are scouting for the best comfortable and budget headset for more extended use on your iPhone, the Mpow HC6 is the best option for you for your extended ours of video calls and business grinding. The Mpow HC6 has plush artificial protein leather earcups, and an adjustable headband provides adequate ventilation so that you don’t sweat out your ears. The adjustable microphone arm is suitable for all head sizes and offers excellent voice clarity for video and voice calls.
- The grey and black color scheme headset have good built quality, and the plush artificial protein leather headband and earcups offer excellent comfort for long calls. They are ideal for telemarketing work on the iPhone.
- The lightweight and on-ear adjustable earcups and 270-degrees adjustable microphone arm are ideal for everyone to use comfortably.
- Good quality speakers and microphones provide excellent audio output and voice clarity for video and voice calls.
- The headset has a 3.5mm headphone jack connector for connecting to lightning to headphone jack adapter. The headset comes with a USB connector adapter, which gives additional headset functionality to laptops and desktops.
Jabra has recently been in the limelight for their premium headphones and earphones, competing with Sony and Bose’s likes. The Jabra Evolve 40 UC keeps all the premium ideology of premium consumer earphones and headphones to extended microphone headsets for business owners working at home. The Jabra Evolve has a premium design, with an aluminum headband and soft-touch plastics materials give the headphone a premium feel. With red-accents on the headband and earcups, it provides a motivational vibe.
- The Jabra Evolve 40 UC has premium build quality with an aluminum headband with soft-touch plastics and red-accents.
- The on-ear stereo headset with plush cushioning design provides good comfort and good quality audio output.
- The adjustable arm microphone has a noise cancellation feature that offers crystal clear voice quality for video and voice calls.
- The 3.5mm headset connector can be connected to an iPhone with the headphone jack adapter.
- The Evolve 40 UC also comes with a USB connector for laptops and desktops that give additional controls to the headset.
Plantronics is a well-known brand for providing high-quality computer peripherals at reasonable prices. And the Plantronics Blackwire 5220 headset is no exception. The Blackwire 5220 is the most stylish headset for your iPhone on this list. The earcups have a diamond design texture and a concaved shape to them, which gives them good aesthetic points. The open frame and flexible headband design provide plenty of cushioned comfort for more prolonged use. Combined with the adjustable earcups and microphone arm, they are a good fit for every iPhone user.
- With an aluminum headband, soft-touch plastics, and a diamond texture pattern with orange on black accents, the Blackwire 5220 has a premium and robust build quality.
- The plush on-ear design earcups are comfortable to use for longer sessions of video calls. The speakers provide good sound quality output.
- The noise cancellation microphone arm gives cristal clear voice quality and adjustability.
- The headset has a 3.5mm connector for connecting to an iPhone. It also comes with a USB-C adaptor for laptops and desktops which provide additional headset functions.
Best Gaming Headsets with Mic for iPhone
Logitech is best known for best in class computer peripherals such as a mouse, keyboards, and PC gaming headsets. If you are looking for a minimalistic Bluetooth gaming headset for your iPhone, without the gamer aesthetic bells and whistles, the Logitech H800 is the best choice for you. The H800 can also be paired to multiple devices with Bluetooth and a USB dongle, which is included.
- The H800 has good padding on the adjustable headband, and the on-ear earpad gives good comfort.
- Speakers deliver good sound quality.
- Adjustable arm microphone has a noise cancellation feature for clear voice calling.
- The H800 connects to your iPhone via Bluetooth with a battery life of six hours.
- Headset can be paired to multiple devices with Bluetooth or a USB dongle.
- Earcup controls give you a voice assistant, volume, and skip controls.
- Collapsable earcups provide great portability.
- H800 is ideal for gaming as well as conference calls with the simple design language.
Turtle Beach has been a pioneer in gaming headsets, and gamers, whether they be casual, hardcore, or pro-e-sports gamers, love them for their lightweight yet premium build quality stereo over-ear earcup design and soft earpads. Turtle Beach Stealth 700 is one such Bluetooth stereo gaming headset offered by the company. With an omnidirectional adjustable microphone arm, you can enjoy them as a regular pair of Bluetooth headphones.
- The headset has good build quality with soft-touch matte plastics and a black and blue color scheme.
- The plush large over-ear earpads offer good comfort and passive sound isolation.
- Stereo speakers on the headset have an excellent audio quality output and give a competitive advantage.
- The flexible and 270-degree movement microphone arm offers excellent voice clarity for video calls and voice chats.
- The Turtle Beach Stealth 700 connects via Bluetooth and also has a 3.5mm audio jack.
- With the Active Noise Cancellation feature, you can enjoy the Stealth 700 on your daily commute for the best music experience and get a surround sound experience.
- With the controls on the earcups, you can adjust the volume, track skipping, voice assistant, power on or off, and mite the microphone.
- The Stealth 700 also comes with a wireless USB dongle for PC and consoles.
If you are on the lookout and hunt for a good budget Bluetooth gaming headset with RGB flavor, most of the high-end RGB gaming headsets are in the expensive ballpark and mostly have a wired connection. The Slub Bluetooth gaming headset is here for your RGB needs with an affordable price tag and the convenience of Bluetooth connectivity for your iPhone Gaming. The Slub Bluetooth gaming headset has a black color scheme, but strong RGB lighting earcups and logos give them a distinctive look.
- The Slub has good build quality with plush adjustable headband and earpad padding for comfortable prolonged use.
- The stereo speakers deliver good sound quality.
- The detachable arm microphone delivers crystal clear voice quality for video and voice calls.
- The headset connects via Bluetooth or a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- The earcup controls have voice assistant, volume controls, and track skipping and power on and off.
- The Bluetooth gaming headset offers 60 hours of playtime and 40 hours of gaming playback time on a single charge.
- The earcups have LED RGB light effects.
HyperX makes some of the best high-end gaming computer hardware and peripherals, like mechanical RGB keyboards, gaming mouse, headsets, and many more gaming peripherals. The HyperX Cloud MIX Bluetooth gaming headset is the go-to choice for premium headsets for gaming and entertainment needs. The robust aluminum frame gives the headset structural rigidity. Black gunmetal headband and gu metal accents provide the headset with good comfort and the right amount of gamer accents without going over the top. The detachable arm microphone and an included carrying pouch give this headset great portability. The MIX has all the latest connectivity technology such as Bluetooth and Qualcomm aptX for la free audio and Hi-Res Audio for the mobile’s best wire-free gaming experience.
- The Cloud Alpha has a premium and robust build quality with an aluminum frame and headband with a gunmetal colorway.
- The headband is well cushioned and has faux leather for comfort for more prolonged use.
- The plush over-ear earcups offer plenty of comfort for all-day mobile gaming.
- The Bluetooth stereo speakers with Qualcomm aptX and Hi-Res codec support give immersive sound experience for lag-free gaming, music, and entertainment.
- The detachable adjustable arm microphone as noise cancellation and offers crystal clear audio output for video and voice calling.
- The detachable 3.5mm headphone jack connector with inline controls for volume and track skipping gives these headsets the convenience of plug and play for your iPhone, whether for mobile gaming or conference calls.
- A carrying pouch is also included.
IGN has crowned the Audeze Mobius as the best gaming headset 2019. And the Bluetooth functionality is the icing on the cake for iPhone mobile gamers. Mobius has a black minimalistic design. But, don’t let the simplistic fool you—the Mobius packs in a lot tech side. The Mobius has not only Bluetooth, but has support for AAC, and LDAC codecs, which the iPhone will benefit a lot for low latency audio while gaming.
- The Mobius has the good build quality and has a plush adjustable headband and over-ear earpads.
- The Mobius Bluetooth surround sound stereo speakers have a good quality audio output, ideal for gaming and music.
- Being a Bluetooth gaming headset also comes with AAC and LDAC codec support for iPhone users, which provide a lag-free experience for iPhone gamers.
- The detachable microphone arm offers good voice clarity for video and voice calls.
- The Mobius can also be used with a 3.5mm audio cable.
Best Wireless Headset with Mic for iPhone
Bluetooth headsets are the best wire-free and hassle-free options for iPhones with a microphone. The Cisno Bluetooth Headset is the first entry in our list to feature Bluetooth connectivity. With easy pairing and adjustable arm microphone, it is ideal for long car journeys.
- The Cisno Bluetooth Headset has good build quality with glossy plastics and an adjustable headband.
- The plush headband and over-ear earpads offer great comfort for long hours of conferences.
- The Cisno connects via Bluetooth and has a multipoint connectivity feature up to two devices.
- The speakers provide good sound quality output.
- The adjustable arm microphone provides crystal clear audio output for video and voice calls.
- The Bluetooth headset has 12 hours of playback time.
- The earcups are collapsible for easier storage.
If you are looking for audiophile quality Bluetooth headphones with the convenience and call clarity of a microphone, the Avantree Ario Pro can deliver the best music experience and video conferencing voice clarity. The Arian Pro has excellent speakers with plush over-ear earpads for comfortable longer use. The headset has Bluetooth 5.0 and Qualcomm aptX support. They both help in low latency audio lag and connectivity range.
- The Avantree Aria Pro has a good build quality and adjustable headband.
- Avantree provides a plush headband and over-ear earpads for comfortable use, and your ears don’t sweat out.
- Avantree being a Bluetooth headset connects to an iPhone via Bluetooth 5.0 and has Qualcomm aptX-HD low latency feature.
- With stereo and Qualcomm aptX-HD, the headset has excellent audio quality.
- The detachable arm microphone outputs crystal clear audio output.
- With active noise cancellation. You can enjoy and take your music anytime, anywhere, even in the noisiest areas and during the commute.
- The Avantree has controls for the voice assistant, volume, and track skipping.
- With a carrying pouch included, you can carry your headset anywhere without them getting scuffed up.
- The headset can also be connected via a 3.5mm headphone jack connector.
Mono headsets are ideal if you need to hear the ambient noise for safety reasons or drive a truck. The Mpow Pro Trucker mono headset with Bluetooth 5.0 and CVC 6.0 offers a great wireless mono headset experience for your iPhone. The Mpow Pro Trucker is ideal for all kinds of workloads, with inline controls on the headphone, you can control the volume.
- The mono headset has good build quality with glossy black plastics.
- The headband and headrest are comfortable, and the streamlined design allows for comfortable longer use.
- The over-ear headset connects via Bluetooth 5.0 and has extended connectivity range.
- The adjustable arm microphone has CVC 6.0 technology for clear voice calls.
- The mono speaker has good sound quality output.
- With 16 hours of playback time, you won’t be needing to charge the headset often.
- The mono speaker design can be worn either on the right or left side.
The TaoTronics Bluetooth mono headset is another excellent option for a Bluetooth mono headset. The Taotronics Bluetooth mono headset offers some great video and voice calling features such as a one-tap button to mute the voice.
- The mono headset has a good build quality and streamlined headband and headrest for comfortable longer use.
- The on-ear earpad has good speakers for voice calls and conference calls.
- The adjustable arm microphone has CVC 6.0 technology.
- The headset connects via Bluetooth 5.0 for a more extended connectivity range.
- The headset has 16 hours of playback time.
- It has controls for volume and mic mute.
Students are looking for comfortable Bluetooth headsets for online classes, and the Mpow Bluetooth Headset is the best wireless headset option on a budget. The Mpow headset has an on-ear design in which the speakers offer good sound quality, and the arm microphone is ideal for gaming as well as conference calls.
- The Mpow Bluetooth Headset has good build quality with sturdy plastics and a robust adjustable headband.
- The plush headband and on-ear earpads offer great comfort for more prolonged use.
- The speakers offer good sound quality.
- The arm microphone supports CVC 8.0 and supports noise cancellation to deliver crystal clear voice quality.
- With Bluetooth 5.0 technology for connecting with an iPhone, the headset will have a longer connectivity range and low latency lag.
- The headset has a playback time of 22 hours.
- It has controls for volume, voice assistant, and track skipping.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cheapest iPhone headset with mic?
Out of all the headsets compatible with iPhone that we’ve tested, the cheapest of the lot, that does more than some premium names in the business, is the Mpow Pro Trucker Bluetooth Headset priced at just $23.99. Despite costing a fraction of what the Apple AirPods would, this headset packs a powerful punch when it comes to connectivity, thanks to Bluetooth 5.0 for multi-device support and an extended range of 30 feet. The power of noise cancellation microphone ensures that clear audio goes through the person on the other side, while the lightweight wired frame stays light on your ears.
Do Apple AirPods have a microphone built-in?
The way Apple has designed the AirPods is that the user can wear even a single one and use it as a hands-free listening device. There is a microphone built into each individual AirPod, you no matter which one you wear, you can use it to make phone calls and the person on the other end will be able to hear you. There is also an option built into the AirPods for you to set the microphone off for each left or right one if you want. While offering a decent quality sound experience to the other person, AirPods fall short of the audio clarity offered by the best iPhone headset with microphone that extends outwards.
One significant disadvantage for users looking for the best iPhone headset with mic is the fact that you will have to do away with most of the wired ones. Although there are a few vendors that offer headsets with an Apple Lightning port, the majority continues to side with the 3.5mm headphone jack, but this issue can always be solved with a converter adapter. We recommend that you pair the iPhone with the latest standard of mobile Bluetooth headsets, keeping it all wireless for ease of use. Apart from offering high-quality audio and surround sound, the list of top iPhone headsets above will leave little to desire when it comes to crystal clear audio quality for both the channels of communication.
Do you need a dedicated headset for making business calls or for gaming talk on the iPhone, or does a pair of standard earphones do the trick just as well? We’d love to know your opinion, so do let us know what you think about it in the comments section below.
- Best iPhone Lens for Video to Buy in 2020 for Photography - September 26, 2020
- Best iPhone Hearing Aid to Buy in 2020 - September 24, 2020
- Best iPad Pro Screen Protector for Drawing to Get in 2020 - September 23, 2020