Last Updated on January 22, 2021 by Husain Parvez
Packing the best iPhone holder for running can be the difference between a comfortable running experience and ending up with a shattered iPhone while you’re on the run. We take a look at the best iPhone armband that money can buy, so your morning run is uninterrupted and enjoyable.
Mobile phones have become so much more than devices for cellular communication – they are a part of human identity. We take our smartphones everywhere, from business meetings to share reports wirelessly over the network, and family vacations to capture those cherished memories in the form of pictures and videos.
Over the years, mobile phones have evolved to become more efficient with smart features, and improve the quality of our lives. A large chunk of life quality improvement revolves around the fact that mobile devices are now taking care of your physical and psychological health too.
Apple iPhone focuses on the life quality of users, which is why the Health app that uses real-time data to evaluate your state of wellbeing. Connecting the Apple Watch and the iPhone, the Health app even lets you monitor your heart rate, steps taken, calories burnt, and so much more.
However, if you aren’t planning to shell out hundreds of dollars for the Apple Watch and want the iPhone to be your only companion during the morning run, you’re going to need the best iPhone armband to accompany you. Whether you want to stay connected for calls and messages during the running session, or wish to enjoy some music on the go, the best iPhone holder is an accessory you will need.
Best iPhone Holder for Running to Buy Right Now
The iPhone is your perfect partner on the road, whether you’re mapping your way across the terrain, or listening to your favorite podcast share their golden nugget of thought. Staying connected to the world outside the calmness of your mind is necessary too, and the only way to do it safely is with an iPhone exercise holder. Since you’re not looking forward to having your iPhone jump out of a flimsy phone armband, we’re recommending nothing but the best in the market. Each iPhone running holder included in the list is backed by revered customers, an impressive feedback rating, and extensive market research.
Best iPhone Armband for Running
Armbands for running are ideal for keeping your pockets clutter-free during a run or jogging, and women who don’t have pockets in their attire for iPhones! The Bone running armband is one of the best options for a phone holder for your iPhone. The Bone running armband features a modern aesthetic design with good quality materials of hard silicone rubber for the mount and adjustable, breathable sweatproof neoprene fabric armband for comfort and sturdiness. The Bone armband will not slip off from your arm even when sweating with slip-proof neoprene fabric and silicone phone holder.
- The Bone running armband phone holder has good build quality, offers sturdiness for the arm, and no phone wobble.
- Hard silicone phone mount features universal phone compatibility with a four-sided silicone strap holder mount, and it is slip-proof.
- The neoprene fabric strap offers a lot of comfort for longer workout sessions, and the ventilation holes provide good breathability. The strap fits most arm sizes.
- Stainless steel strap loop with silicone cover offers good rigidity.
- Open screen phone mount for easy access.
- The phone rests in a vertical orientation on the arm.
If you are one of those who like to take pictures of the beautiful sunrise early in the morning or take photos of the terrain you are jogging, a quick release phone mount armband is ideal for you not to miss a great shot take more selfies than working out. The Pobon quick release phone holder is the perfect armband for running. The universal phone holder has flexible silicone, four-sided straps, and magnets to connect to the mount. There is a quick-release button on the phone mount to detach the magnetic phone holder from the mount.
- The Pobon armband has sturdy build quality, the phone mount offers no mobile wobble during workouts, and the arm strap is comfortable and sweatproof.
- The phone holder has a silicone four-sided strap design, and it is universally compatible with all iPhone models.
- This phone holder and mount usees strong magnets to connect and detach using a quick-release button.
- The open screen and sides allow you to take calls and access the buttons and ports.
- The phone rests in a vertical orientation on the arm.
If no rain is going to stop you from grinding your workout, you should invest in an excellent waterproof phone armband holder for the rainy days in your jogging routine. The Tribe Water-resistant armband is the perfect armband holder for runners to protect your iPhone from the weather elements and continue your workout. The clear TPU window allows you to access your phone, and the screen is very responsive to the touch. The soft adjustable flexible arm strap will provide comfort and won’t slip away during an intense workout.
- The Tribe water-resistant armband phone holder has good build quality with premium materials and no-slip holder design for arm support.
- The adjustable arm strap has a good feel to the touch.
- This clear TPU screen window allows you to access your phone to set up your GPS or work out playlist.
- Tribe iPhone holder has slots to store your keys and an earphone holder.
- The back of the phone holder has a soft mesh material for breathability, sweat-wicking, and comfort.
- The clear TPU case supports all the latest iPhone models.
- Phone holder rests in a vertical orientation on the arm.
If you need the convenience of an armband as well as a wrist band phone holder with 180-degree swivel motion, the Newppon Armband is the perfect option for you for an arm as well as a wristband phone holder. With a universal silicone strap design holder, the holder will support all iPhone models, and the included slit pockets can be used to store keys, earphones, and money. The nonslip arm support and the strap will ensure you get the best comfort for your arms or wrists.
- The Newppon armband phone holder has good sturdy build quality with good silicone phone holder, mount support, and arm strap.
- The silicone phone holder has four corner straps for holding the phone.
- For comfort and storage, the mount has a wide surface for arm support and does not slip off from the arm even when sweating. Slit pockets can be used to store keys and earphones.
- The phone holder has 180-degrees of swivel motion and can be rested in a horizontal or vertical orientation.
The Back Bay is the most stylish and the most utility armband phone holder for running out there in a sea of sports armbands. As the open screen design, Back Bay wins all the styling points with modern all-black design and perforated RunGrip nonslip pads with a large and broad arm mount support for the arm. The Back Bay also has a quick-release holder with 360-degrees rotation. The slit pockets allow you to store a key and earphone.
- The Back Bay has a sturdy build quality, and the silicone universal phone holder will keep your iPhone in place during a workout.
- The universal silicone holder supports quick release from the arm mount and has 360-degrees of rotation.
- A wide armband and nonslip pads give the armband base sturdiness and doe not slip off the arm even when sweating.
- The arm strap is adjustable and comfortable to wear on bare skin.
- With the 360-degrees rotations, you can rest the phone in a horizontal or vertical orientation for your running comfort.
This one for the ladies who don’t get the convenience of pockets in their workout outfits. The Simptech Armband bag is the perfect companion for you to store all your essential items such as your keys, cards, money, and, most importantly, your iPhone. Now no need to worry about your phone and keys to fall when on a workout. The arm bag will store all your items without itself, slipping down your sweaty arms.
- The Simptech Armband pouch bag has good quality materials, and the wide base arm mount gives plenty of support surface.
- The adjustable arm strap is comfortable to the bare skin and will fit most arm sizes.
- Pouch can carry an iPhone, keys, cards, and money with a snug fit so that they do not rattle around during a workout.
- The adjustable arm strap allows it to be worn on the arm or the wrist.
- The pouch is waterproof.
- Simptech Arm bag comes in a wide variety of colorways to choose from for your liking.
- Double zip pocket for phone compartment and other items.
This one is for the ladies looking out for an arm bag that can be used. The E Tronic Armband see-through pouch is the best option for you to carry your belongings and use your iPhone. The clear TPU screen is very responsive to the touch, and you can interact with your iPhone. The E Tronic pouch has a separate compartment to store your phone to access the TPU screen and different compartments to store your belongings. The reflective arm strap is ideal for night joggers.
- The arm pouch has good materials, and it is comfortable on the bare skin.
- An underlined mesh pouch and strap give a lot of comfort and sweat-wicking.
- The wide base holder supports the pouch well and does not slip from the arm.
- The adjustable arm strap has a reflective surface for night joggers.
- This iPhone holder for running has a TPU clear screen that is responsive to the touch.
- Screen can be accessed through the zipper pouch and has its elastic compartment.
- The other section of the pouch can be used to store essential items.
- The E Tronic armband pouch comes in a black and pink colorway.
- Fits all iPhone models and is designed to be waterproof.
Best Wrist Band iPhone Holder for Running
When it comes to fitness tracking, smartwatches and workout trackers are way ahead of the mobile counterparts. High-end smartwatches can even monitor your heart beats while on an intense workout. These smartwatches lack the screen real estate and battery life. If you need to use your phone as a fitness tracker, with some health features dumbed down, wrist phone holders are the best option for you. The VUP quick release phone wristband holder is the best option for your iPhone for GPS tracking, phone calls, and taking pictures with a quick-release universal holder’s convenience.
- The VUP wrist band phone holder has a wide sturdy mount base for the phone and will not move around.
- The wrist strap is wide and thick and comfortable on the wrist for more prolonged use, and it is breathable.
- Universal strap phone holder can be used with all iPhone models.
- The open screen phone holder has 360-degrees rotation and can be set to horizontal or vertical orientation.
- This phone holder is detachable from the mount, and the whole solution is sturdy so that your iPhone does not slip.
- The VUP wristband phone holder is ideal for sports and outdoor activities, which require GPS navigation and tracking your distance.
The HLOMOM is yet another wristband phone mount, but the HLOMOM has a broader phone mount base that provides more comfort and sturdiness to the universal silicone phone holder, which has bumper silicone straps to mount the phone to the holder. The holder has a 360-degrees rotation for your convenient orientation during sports activities.
- The HLOMOM has a sturdy build quality and won’t disappoint you during a workout.
- The phone mount base is broad and gives support to the wrist, and the phone does not feel unyielding even for larger iPhone models.
- HLOMOM universal silicone bumper holder supports all iPhone models and has 360-degrees rotation.
- The mount and the comfortable strap provide good breathability to the wrist during intense workouts.
If you need a wristband and storage for your valuables, the HAISSKY large capacity wrist bag is the ideal companion for you in the long run. The HAISSKY wrist bag has dual straps for sturdiness on the wrist. The bag features a TPU clear screen to access the iPhone screen. The TPU section also has port holes to connect cables. The outer lining of the screen has a reflective ring for night runners and joggers.
- The wrist bag has dual adjustable straps for sturdiness for the wrist bag and its stored items.
- The bag has a separate compartment for the phone to access the TPU screen and a compartment for items so that iPhone does not scratch up.
- HAISSKY wrist bag is highly breathable and uses good quality materials, and it feels good to the touch.
- The reflective strip around the TPU screen is best for night runners and joggers.
Best Waist iPhone Holder for Running
Fanny packs have emerged as a fashion statement in recent times, and the slim fanny pack is here for the sports enthusiast who needs to store their belongings other than pockets and ladies who don’t have pockets! The USHAKE slim fanny pack is the best slim fanny pack for holding your iPhone. The fanny pack features an adjustable waist strap and a fanny pack with elastic compartments for your iPhone and other belonging. It has a reflective neon green strip for night jogging.
- The adjustable waistband strap is suitable for all waist sizes.
- The slim fanny pack can hold all iPhone models, small items, and cash.
- It has a reflective strip for night jogging and running.
- USHAKE Slim Fanny Pack can be worn in front or at the back waist.
- The nylon and lycra material offers good build quality and water resistance.
Fanny packs, not your cup of green tea? It would be best if you looked into investing in an excellent running waist belt. The FlipBelt is the pioneer and the brains behind the running waist belt without the bulky fanny pouch. The FlipBelt is made up of polyester and lycra materials and does not have any stiff parts to be comfortable to wear. The inner lining of the FlipBelt is soft and does not pock the skin. The belt has four slit opening =s to store your items. The belt can snugly fit your iPhone, money, powerband, cards, keys, and you name it.
- The FlipBelt running waist belt is made upon polyester and lycra materials soft to the touch and moisture-wicking for intense workouts. As it rests on the waist, it does not come between your activity.
- The tubular design belt snugly fits in your iPhone, power bank, money, cards, and many more.
- It comes in many colors and waist sizes to choose from.
- Ideal for women as women workout leggings lack pockets. Men can also use the FlipBelt.
- The FlipBelt is machine washable.
- The reflective logo is ideal for night joggers.
The Nathan Zipster is another running belt inspired by the FlipBelt. But the Nathan Zipster is a tad bit bigger than the FlipBelt and has more headroom to stash your essential during a workout on your waist. The Nathan Zipster is also ideal for women and men alike if they don’t like to wear armbands or cluttered pockets with your phones and other essential items.
- The running waist belt is moisture-wicking, super stretchable, and one size fits all.
- The inner lining of the Nathan Zipster belt is soft and comfortable to wear for longer workouts.
- Nathan Zipster’s tubular zipped design allows it to carry phones, cash, power banks, and many other things without bouncing around.
- The Nathan Zipster is ideal for men and women alike and fits comfortably on all waist sizes.
The PYFK slim fanny pack does not protrude as a traditional bulky fanny pack. The zipped pouch is as stretchable as the Nathan Zipster, but the convenience of a buckle system can be ideal for all waist sizes. The PYFK slim fanny pack has a snug-fitting compartment for your iPhone and a separate key compartment so that the keys do not scuff your expensive iPhone.
- The PYFK slim fanny pack has a good build quality as it uses good materials for the slim fanny pack and waist strap.
- A slim fanny pack can hold all iPhone models with a snug fit.
- The waist strap has a buckle up feature, and the strap is adjustable.
- PYFK case is also waterproof with a zipped pouch compartment for your phone.
- The PYFK is ideal for men as well as women.
- The slim fanny pack comes in many colorways to choose and also has an earphone porthole.
Frequently Asked Questions?
How do I carry my iPhone when running?
Whether you need to carry your iPhone when running to map the terrain, listen to music, or attend phone calls on the go, you can’t carry it in your hand. One slip and the glass sandwich will break from both sides, or the distraction could make things worse and lead to an accident. The most common option would be carrying the iPhone in the pocket of your shorts, but the constant bounce can kill your rhythm, even it does just jump out of the pocket during the run. Unless you’re wearing a running vest or a sports bra that comes with a slip pouch to place your device, your best bet is to get a running armband for iPhone. Available in different materials and designs such as armbands, wristbands, and even waistbands for greater comfort, you can pick your favorite iPhone holder for running the easy way.
Is the best iPhone running armband safe to use?
We seldom get out of the house without our smartphones, so it seems obvious that you’d want to take your iPhone when you’re out on your daily jog. As essential as you would consider getting a pair of comfortable running shoes, buying the right running iPhone holder is equally important. A robust iPhone armband keeps the iPhone secure when you’re in contact with the harsh elements, improving your running momentum without the phone dangling around in your pocket. Additionally, listening to music, and switching between tracks is much easier with the iPhone tied to your arm, rather than taking it out of your pocket every single time.
What is the best iPhone holder type to get?
Generally speaking, there are essentially three different types of smartphone holders for running that you get in the market today. The first and most commonly used one is the armband design, which allows you to strap up the iPhone to either of your arms while offering a little view of the screen. The second design is the wrist band holder for running, which offers better access to the iPhone screen, but might affect the quality of long runs. Lastly, the option to pick the best iPhone waistband for running is a good one too, where you get no access to the iPhone screen for music controls or call answering, but provides more stability during the run, and additional storage space to place your keys and wallet along with it.
Depending on your running style, you might not be entirely comfortable with even the best iPhone armband in the market. A useful alternative is the iPhone holder that ties around your waist instead, which not only provides you a tighter fit, but a larger space. Despite the lesser accessibility that a waist iPhone holder offers, we’ve included it on the list for positive attributes such as even weight distribution and the device being less noticeable outdoors. Putting your iPhone in the pocket is out of the question, since you don’t want it bouncing around in your shorts. Making a run for it with a relatively heavy iPhone in your pocket will not only affect your posture but puts the device at risk as well.
Would you stick to the best iPhone running armband or does the idea of the best iPhone holder for running around your waist seem to you as a better fit? We would be glad to hear your thoughts about it in the comments.