Spring is here and summer is around the corner. You know what that means right? No. It’s not time to hit the beach; even though that’s not a bad idea either. It’s time to start thinking about cooling down your Laptop and what’s better than a Laptop cooler for that? That being said, let’s try to find the best laptop cooler for 2019!
But, before we start, let’s get one thing out of the way. There’s not one cooler that’s the best for everyone. All of them have pros and cons. Different sizes, pricing, noise levels, etc.
For the above reasons, we’ll be looking at a few different options, each one the best in its category, and you can choose the one that personally fits you best. Let’s go!
1: Best Vacuum Cooler: Opolar Cooler
Opolar’s vacuum has been one of Amazon’s top-rated laptop coolers since forever. That alone could be enough for one to name it the best laptop cooler that you can get right now. But, of course, there’s more. To summarize everything in a few lines:
- One of the most powerful/efficient coolers that you can get
- Works directly on the vents which means that it can also act as a replacement for a broken fan
- Can increase or decrease the power level automatically
- Offers a temperature display
- Kind of a good value for what it offers but it can also get a bit expensive for some people. So, both a pro and con in one
- Gets rather loud in the higher settings
- Installation may be somewhat easy but still not as easy as simply placing it below the laptop like with your average cooler
- May not be able to fit your Laptop if it’s too bulky (You can still use it without the permanent fit)
- Depending on the laptop that you have, you may be forced to place it on a flat surface and not on your lap
First of all, unlike coolers, a vacuum draws air directly from your Laptop’s cooling system. That makes it drastically more effective which is good if you’re trying to cool down your computer as much as possible.
Vacuum coolers are also much more portable. However, the problem with that is that they can get rather loud. Most likely because they need to increase the RPM count to compensate for the lack of fans and their size.
Overall, the Opolar vacuum is a great Laptop cooler for those of you who want the best cooling. Even if that means sacrificing a bit of silence and taking the extra steps to check for compatibility.
2: Best Vacuum Cooler Runner Up: uu19ee
That’s definitely a strange name, but that doesn’t change the fact that this is a great alternative to Opolar’s vacuum cooler – somewhat. It’s absolutely not as good. But, if you’re absolutely broke and need something to cool down your Laptop asap, then do seriously consider picking it up.
- Extremely cheap
- Gets the job done without any fancy stuff
- Build quality is subpar at best
- Noticeably noisier; even on the lower RPM counts
- Doesn’t have a lot of user feedback which makes it hard to determine how long it’ll last and how reliable it is
Just like we mentioned above, this is the budget alternative. Don’t expect too much from it. You may find numerous other options that look more or less similar to this one. So, we expect that this is a knockoff and nobody knows the original one.
Still, all that matters is that it kinda gets the job done without asking for a lot of money. So, if you can’t afford to spend anything more at this moment, check that one out. Otherwise, we’d recommend going for Opolar’s cooler.
3: Best Laptop Cooler/Cooling Pad: Havit HV-F2056
If you’re looking for something that’s quite, gets the job done, fits any Laptop, and has a reasonable price, then the Havit F2056 is definitely the best Laptop cooler that you can get right now.
It has by far the highest user rating on Amazon, fits any Laptop that is smaller than 17 inches, and it just works. What else would you need? To summarize everything that’s good and bad about it:
- Mid-range pricing. Value for money
- Gets the job done
- Super quiet
- Offers an extra USB port that you can use to compensate for the one you lose while using the cooler
- Has 3 fans
- Works for almost every Laptop out there
- You can also use it on your lap
- Takes more space in your backpack
- Not as powerful as a vacuum cooler
Cooling pads work a bit differently than vacuum coolers. All you need to do is place them under your Laptop and they’ll start blowing air to it. That cools down the surface of the Laptop and also increases the internal airflow which is what we want.
The good thing with that is that cooling pads are much easier to use and they also work for pretty much any Laptop that fits. The bad thing is that they are not as effective as vacuum coolers.
Why? Our guess is that it’s because vacuum coolers are attached directly to the vent of the computer while cooling pads only push air from the outside.
Still, they are easier to use and they still cool down your machine. Just do keep in mind that if you seriously need every bit of cooling that you can get, then you’re probably better off with the vacuum cooler.
How About Both?
When everything is said and done, nothing stops you from using both solutions. That’s probably the most effective method. After all, you’ll be both blowing air in the intake and drawing out extra air from the vents. So, if your budget doesn’t prevent you from doing so, then consider using both a vacuum cooler and a cooling pad.
We’d recommend first buying the best Laptop cooler that works best for you, see how effective it is, and buy a secondary solution only if you need that extra cooling. Otherwise, you may end up wasting money.
We’re using both but only while gaming or performing any other CPU intensive tasks. Otherwise, a cooling pad is more than enough on its own. Just do keep in mind that results differ from Laptop to Laptop and from user to user.
Hopefully, that helped you in picking the best Laptop cooler for you. If you’ve got any questions or if you feel like we got something wrong then feel free to reach to us in by using the comments section!