Last Updated on July 8, 2019 by Husain Parvez
Finding the best Rainmeter skins is not an easy task. There are hundreds or even thousands of choices out there with most of them being completely free.
That being said, skins are mostly a matter of personal preference. The look, feel, and functionality that each skin provides will greatly differ and what separates the good from the bad comes down to the person who is using the said skin. So, do keep that in mind.
Without any further ado, let’s get right into it!
What is Rainmeter And How To Install it
So, for those of you who just happened to come across this article and don’t know what Rainmeter is, it’s basically a program to modify you Windows desktop. In order to accomplish that, it uses skins.
Skins can be made by pretty much everyone which means that you can either create your own or rely on those that others have made and shared. Thankfully, there are tons of options out there which means that you most likely won’t have to lift a finger.
A skin can provide anything from shortcuts to moderation tools and anything in between. So, it’s not all about making your desktop pretty – it’s also about giving it more utility.
This program isn’t exactly a resource hog. But, if you’ve got a rather weak build, say, a dual-core i3 or something like that, then you probably don’t wanna install it. Still, it’s free! So, you can always give it a try.
This is the skin that I’m currently using and I’m loving it. It’s simple, gets the job done, and looks beautiful as well. Furthermore, it needs little to no adjustments at all. Most of the icons work out of the box as they are.
In my case, the only thing I had to change was Discord as it wouldn’t launch by its own. If that’s the case for you as well, click on the starter skin that is included, find the name of the app that doesn’t launch for you, find its location, then paste it where the skin tells you to.
This certainly sounds tough for someone who is not into computer stuff. But, again, chances are that you won’t have to touch anything. 99% of the shortcuts work by default. And if you are only using one drive then everything should be fine (I’ve got at least 3).
The screenshot that you look at above isn’t the stock skin. The clock and the interactive wallpaper are part of Wallpaper Engine while the CPU and RAM usage is part of the stock Rainmeter skin. If you wish to know more about that, check out our guide on how to customize Windows 10.
- Fine balance between simplicity and fanciness
- Easy to use
- Numerous icon choices (Depending on the program)
- Almost everything works right out of the box
- If a shortcut doesn’t work, you’ll have to adjust it on your own and despite how much the creator has simplified it, the process can still be a little bit tough for non-tech-savvy users.
- May need 3rd party apps or other skins to feel complete
Don’t be scared by the screenshot. This skin may look a bit messy at first glance. But, it’s not. That’s because it’s fully customizable and it can also be used alongside any other skins that you may be running at that point.
I’d honestly prefer something like Gameview as it looks and feels objectively better. However, the options that it gives you are so limited that it’s pretty much worthless for most of us.
So, when it comes to gaming skins, GameBanners wins its rightful place as one of the best Rainmeter skins that you can get right now. Mostly because it gives you so many options that it’s very hard to not find your games.
And in the rare occasion that you don’t find what you’re looking for, multiple people keep on working on this. So, chances are that sooner or later everything will be there.
If you’re feeling a bit brave, you can also try creating your own banners. That’s a bit time-consuming in the first time and it does take a little bit of experience. So, good luck with it.
- Great for gamers
- Offers a wide variety of games – more than most skins out there
- Relatively easy to use. Just read the instructions
- Works great alongside other skins without messing up anything
- Not the most beautiful skin out there but it gets the job done
Elegant Click doesn’t offer shortcuts, doesn’t monitor anything, and is generally not fancy in any way. So, why choose it as one of the best Rainmeter skins? Because a lot of people want nothing more but a simple, beautiful clock with a nice wallpaper and that’s about it.
If you’re one of these people, then this is definitely the best choice for you. It literally offers nothing else but a clock that you can add in combination with any wallpaper you want. Simple as that.
No need to bother with shortcuts, monitor tools, editing stuff, or anything. Just install it, select the dark or the light theme, and you’re good to go. Just do keep in mind that the wallpaper that you can see above is not included. So, you’ll have to find something on your own.
Nothing more to say about this one. You either love it or hate it.
- Doesn’t get any more simplistic than that
- Easiest skin to use ever
- Looks awesome if you combine it with an appropriate wallpaper
- Extremely lightweight
- Can be used with other skins (But it’s hard to pair it without ruining the sort of dark vibe)
- It’s just a clock. If you want anything else you’re looking at the wrong skin
Best Rainmeter Skins: Wrapping up
Remember, I choose these skins with evergreen content in mind – which means I’m only showing what most people would like and nothing else. If you’re willing to search for more, you’ll find limitless options.
That being said, to be more specific, this is how I look at it:
- Circle Launcher: Simple and beautiful launcher that will work for almost everyone
- Game Banners: A great choice for gamers who mainly use their PC for gaming
- Elegant Clock: Awesome for casual users who want to make their desktop more beautiful
Let us know about your skin preferences down in the comments.
- Apple AirPods VS PowerBeats Pro: Which Should You Pick? - January 1, 2021
- Our Cyberpunk 2077 Rating: Could Have Been the Best Game - December 15, 2020
- 10 Best Zoom Lens for iPhone Devices to Get in Late 2021 - December 2, 2020