Last Updated on June 30, 2020 by Husain Parvez
Trying to get Phoenix on Kodi media player but the add-on simply doesn’t seem to work for you anymore? Here’s a definitive guide on how you can install the free movies and TV shows add-on up and running, and the worthy replacement that has been presented by its developers as a replacement.
Ever since the end consumer has been able to connect to the network grid, there have been ways to bring media entertainment to their homes. What started off as a means to share videos online, took off to a flying start after being acquired by Google, and yes, we’re talking about YouTube – the biggest collection of media available online. However, even before the days of YouTube, there was XBMC, which has now evolved into an open-source media platform of its own, commonly known as Kodi media player.
Over the years, Kodi itself has evolved to grow past the Xbox console platform that it was initially designed for and is now available across multiple operating systems, including Android and iOS. Apart from being one of the only media platforms that can process any and every media format known to man, Kodi media player has reached phenomenal heights of popularity, with several third-party manufacturers making devices specially designed to run Kodi. The reason for such a climb in fame has been the inclusion of names such as Phoenix on Kodi media player, along with many others.
About Phoenix Kodi Add-on
Phoenix add-on comes as a courtesy of Team Falcon, which is has been one of the oldest Kodi add-on development teams online for years now. Similar to some of the other add-ons developed by Team Falcon, Phoenix add-on focuses on the entertainment genre, essentially divided into movies and TV shows channels, but that’s not all there is to it. The add-on is also known for hosting a wide range of sports TV channels, making it a great addition to your living room entertainment station.
However, since most of the content that is streamed by the Phoenix add-on is not officially licensed for viewing, it has led to some serious crackdown by the copyright protection agencies. Due to this overwatch of the ISP and the government, several users have resorted to using VPN services, which we will discuss in detail. In the meantime, here’s how you can install Phoenix on Kodi media player right now, and get your daily dose of the latest movies, TV shows, and sports shows, all in one place.
How to Install Phoenix Kodi Add-on
Being a popular choice among the Kodi media player users for years, the Phoenix add-on is updated fairly regularly, and here’s how you can install it on any Kodi compatible device right now. Similar to the way you would have to enable the Unknown Sources on Android to install a third-party APK file, you need to do the same on the Kodi media player to install an official add-on such as Phoenix.
Step 1: Enable Unknown Sources for the Kodi Phoenix add-on.
Before you can install an unofficial add-on to your Kodi media player, you need to ensure that the Unknown Sources feature has been enabled from the Settings menu in the app.
- Launch the Kodi app on your computer or mobile phone. If you don’t have the Kodi app installed already, download it from the official website.
- In the Kodi app, open the Settings icon on the top-left corner of the screen.
- Navigate to System Settings – Expert Mode – Add-ons
- Find and open the Unknown Sources tab and enable its toggle switch.
Once you have the Unknown Sources feature enabled, you can go ahead and install the Phoenix add-on for Kodi.
Step 2: Install Phoenix for Kodi
- Launch Kodi media player and head over to the Settings menu on your device.
- Select the File Manager tab and click on the Add Source button.
- In the field that says “Enter the paths of browse for media locations”, select “<None>” option on the screen.
- Enter the URL http://fusion.tvaddons.co/ and press the OK button.
- Enter the name for the repo and click the OK button.
- Head back to the main menu and select the Add-ons button.
- Select the Add-on Package Installer icon and click on Install from ZIP file button.
- Find the repo name TVAddons and click on it.
- Click on the kodi-repos file name in the folder and wait while it is being installed.
- Select the English folder and then select the file xbmc-x.x.x.zip from the list.
- Now click on Install from Repository, find the CO tab for you to click on.
- Select the Program add-ons option to find the Phoenix tab and press the Install button to continue.
Within a few minutes, the Phoenix Kodi add-on will be installed to your system and you will be notified with a message box on the top-right corner of the screen.
Improve Phoenix on Kodi with ExpressVPN
Similar to the way Kodi cannot be shut down but the best Kodi add-ons can, the Phoenix Kodi add-on is also safeguarded in most cases, but piracy protection laws do limit its usage. Whether you choose to stick with Kodi for all your entertainment pleasure, or want to venture out with its add-ons, you need a VPN service such as ExpressVPN to keep your browsing experience optimal at all times.
Unlock entertainment content – For those who just want to take a look at the catalog of movies and TV shows that Netflix offers outside of your country of residence, or wish to try out services such as BBC iPlayer which is not available to residents outside of the UK, enabling ExpressVPN grants you access to a world of entertainment that you are yet to discover.
ExpressVPN on all devices – Whether you want to set up the VPN service on your mobile phone to make VOIP calls and go under the detection radar, or wish to unlock the power of Kodi with ExpressVPN, there’s an app to do it. You get support for all of the popular platforms such as Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS, Android, and even VPN-enabled routers.
Keeping you secure – To keep your online activities private and away from the prying eyes of your ISP, the government, and especially hackers, ExpressVPN has the highly strengthened 256-bit encryption in place. Since your IP address is hidden, your location and your identity are also safeguarded for complete anonymity.
The more popular a specific Kodi add-on is, the more susceptible it is to being targeted by the big players, which is exactly what has happened with the Phoenix add-on as well. Over the years, despite regular support from Team Falcon, the add-on has suffered with buffering issues, playback errors, and exceeding downtime on the servers. This has led to an increase in the number of alternatives for Phoenix on Kodi add-ons, along with an upgraded version of the Phoenix add-on by Team Falcon itself.
Did you get a chance to try out Phoenix on Kodi media player and make the most out of the tons of premium quality content that the add-on has to offer? Is there some other Kodi add-on that you would rather recommend as its replacement? Be sure to share what you think about it in the comments section right down below.
- Best Wireless Earbuds Under 100 Dollars to Get in 2021 - January 20, 2021
- Best Noise Cancelling Headphones for iPhone to Get in 2021 - January 15, 2021
- Best Gaming Controller for iPhone to Get in 2021 - December 30, 2020