Looking on how to delete Snapchat account on iPhone or Android devices? We’ve got a couple of easy solutions for you right here. So, without any further ado, let’s check them out!
1: How to Delete Snapchat Account on iPhone
Unfortunately, this only works for iPhone users. We’re not sure why, but the Android app doesn’t allow you to delete your account without accessing the website. So, if you’re on Android, move on to the second step.
For our iPhone users, all you need to do is follow these easy steps:
- Open Snapchat
- Bring the profile menu forward by swiping down or by clicking to your profile icon
- Select the gear icon on the upper right corner
- Go to “Support”
- Head over to “My account and settings”
- Select “Delete my account”
- Enter your password then hit continue
- Your account is now deactivated
After that, your account will get deactivated and if you don’t activate it again in the next 30 days, then it will get permanently deleted. So, you’ve got a bit of time to rethink your decision. Just in case.
Now, this process may slightly change with every new update. And while we always try to keep all of our guides updated, there is a chance that we’ll miss it due to the high volume of guides that we’re creating on a weekly basis.
For the reasons that we mentioned above, if you follow these steps and you’re still unable to delete your account, or if you can’t follow them at all, move on to our second method which should work normally regardless of what version of Snapchat you have installed. Also works for Android
2: How to delete your Snapchat on both Android and iPhone
This is a bit of a universal method as it works for both Android and iPhone. It’s also the most effective method because you won’t have to worry about which version of the app is installed.
The reason that this works for both platforms and regardless of the version that is installed is because you have to do it by using a browser. It doesn’t matter if it’s from your phone or PC. Whatever suits you best.
- Head over to Snapchat’s accounts portal
- Insert your login credentials (Keep that private. If you’ve forgotten your password, just click on the “I forgot my password button”)
- Insert your password one more time then click on “Continue”
So, that’s all. Simple isn’t it? Again, in case you change your mind, you still have 30 days to re-activate your account. All you need to do is login and it’ll keep on working like nothing ever happened.
If you just leave it be, then your account will be permanently deleted. You’re still free to make another account if you ever wish to do so, but your old one will be gone forever. So, do keep that in mind.
That’s all for now. Those are the two easiest ways of deleting your Snapchat account. If you’ve got any questions or if you came across any issues, then let us know about them in the comments section down below!
- Apple AirPods VS PowerBeats Pro: Which Should You Pick? - January 1, 2021
- Our Cyberpunk 2077 Rating: Could Have Been the Best Game - December 15, 2020
- 10 Best Zoom Lens for iPhone Devices to Get in Late 2021 - December 2, 2020