Last Updated on July 1, 2020 by Husain Parvez
Are you looking to streamline your streaming experience by putting Real-Debrid on Kodi media player? Here’s a complete guide that explains what the Real Debrid Kodi actually does, and a step-by-step guide on how you can install it right away.
The XBMC Foundation has developed the Kodi media player platform to be omnipotent, offering anything the everything that you may need to quench your desire in regard to entertainment. For any of the features that you may think are missing, there is a nifty Kodi add-on the fill in the void, whether you have music streaming in mind, or just good old live sports entertainment. However, the official Kodi repository is quite limited, and despite including hundreds of outstanding officially supported add-ons there are certain unofficial ones that have outshined the rest in terms of popularity.
These unofficial Kodi add-ons need to be installed manually, which is not as easy as simply hooking one up from the official Kodi repository. However, when you get premium movies, TV shows, music services, and a lot more in return, taking out a few minutes to get these add-ons running is well worth it. However, Using Kodi as a video entertainment service isn’t always optimal, since the content is hosted on third-party servers, and the streaming quality can be severely affected, with irregular buffering and drops in connectivity. A way to resolve this issue has been the ability to learn how to install Real-Debrid on Kodi media player.
What is Real-Debrid?
Promoting itself as an “unrestricted downloader”, Real-Debrid is a multi-hosting service provider that offers a premium service to its users for gaining access to streaming sources that are not publicly available to other users. By allowing you to easily download files that are hosted on the internet or simply stream them directly using the web player, Real-Debrid allows you to revamp your Kodi media player viewing experience by cutting down on the buffering time significantly. Allowing Kodi media player to add more sources for each viewing link, you can get your hands on high-definition content the easy way.
- Real Debrid Kodi multi-hoster is available at different price plans, so you can try out the service for as low as 3 Euros before you choose to select it for good.
- You can fetch a Real-Debrid Premium account that support streaming speeds of up to 1000MB/s with HTML5 streaming support, no advertisements, multi-browser support, and AES security.
- Real Debrid also works seamlessly with a VPN, so you can make the most out of premium services such as ExpressVPN without any hiccups.
Use ExpressVPN with Real-Debrid
There is no dispute over the fact that you need a decent VPN service to not only get most of the popular Kodi add-ons installed, but also to have them work optimally. However, simply having any VPN will not do the trick, especially if you’re looking to enjoy a buffering-free and high-definition viewing experience with the Kodi media player. The entire reason for setting up Real Debrid Kodi is to enjoy a decent streaming experience, which is why you need a service such as ExpressVPN to support it. Built with features that specifically complement the Kodi media player and its add-ons, we recommend ExpressVPN to be used with Real-Debrid and every other Kodi add-on out there.
- Bypassing Geo-restrictions – If you reside in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and other regions where there the federal authorities have blockaded access to PrimeWire, you won’t be able to access the service through Kodi either. Whether the functionality of the add-on is censored in your region or the service is entirely unusable, ExpressVPN allows you push forward with hundreds of remote servers across the world for you to connect to.
- Avoid ISP Logging – Even if the service is not explicitly banned in your region of residence, the ISP (internet service provider) can still keep tabs on your usage. The online activity that you perform when using Kodi media player can be logged, which poses not only a privacy threat, but the problem of the ISP fining you for unauthorized usage as well. With ExpressVPN and its military-grade encryption to secure your online activity, rest assured that your online browsing experience is 100% secure.
- High-speed Streaming – Although you can find plenty of free and barely-secure VPN services out there that can help you connect with Kodi and make the most out of Kodi add-ons, most of them offer sub-par streaming quality. When using ExpressVPN for Kodi media player, you are automatically recommended servers which offer top upload and download streaming speeds, so you don’t ever have to sit in front of the screen, waiting for the buffering circle to load up.
TO SAVE 30% on an annual ExpressVPN plan, click this exclusive link.
Reminder: You need to install Kodi on your Firestick, Fire TV or other device. We have some installation articles for you to follow to install Kodi.
How to Install Real-Debrid on Kodi
The Real Debrid Kodi installation process is different than most, since Real-Debrid isn’t actually a Kodi add-on, but a third-party service. Before we dive into the process, here’s a list of a few things that you should set up already:
- Turn off the VPN service before you start the process, and turn it on only after the entire set up is complete.
- Make sure that you have the latest Kodi build installed along with a Kodi add-on repository such as Yoda or Redux.
- These repositories must include a Kodi add-on such as ResolveURL or URLResolver, which is essential to set up Real Debrid on Kodi.
Step 1: Create a Real-Debrid Account
Before you can get to installing Real Debrid on your Kodi media player, you need to create an account with the website and subscribe to the premium service. Here’s what you need to do to get started:
- From the web browser on your computer, head over to www.real-debrid.com.
- On the main screen of the website, you should be able to see the Sign Up button in the top-right corner.
- The sign up form should now appear on the screen, requiring you to enter details such as Region, Username, Password, and Email.
- Once you have created a new Real Debrid account, enter the Username and Password, and then hit the Login
- You can then access the Premium section to choose the plan of your liking, make the payment and continue to the next step.
Step 2: Set up Real-Debrid on Kodi
Once you have your premium Real-Debrid multi-hosting account up and running, you can now go to the Kodi media player app and get started with the setup.
- Launch the Kodi media player app on your computer, mobile phone, or tablet.
- From the main screen, press the Gear icon on the top-right side of the screen.
- Now go ahead and select the System tab.
- Move the mouse cursor or your finger over to the Standard option on the bottom-left corner of the screen and click/tap on it until it turns to Advanced or Expert.
- Select the Add-ons tab from the side menu and then navigate to the Manage dependencies option.
- From the list of available Kodi add-ons, scroll all the way down to find the URLResolver add-on.
- In the URLResolver add-on window, select the Configure button.
- From the side-menu, select the Universal Resolvers tab and then select Priority under the Real-Debrid section of the window.
- Change the Priority number select from 100 to 90 and press the Done button.
- Now press the OK button to confirm your action and press the Configure button once again on the URLResolver window.
- Select the Universal Resolvers tab again and make sure that the Enabled toggle under the Real-Debrid section is turned on.
- Finally, press the button that reads (Re)Authorize My Account and write down the code that appears on the screen.
- Open a tab in the web browser and navigate to the following webpage – https://real-debrid.com/device.
- In the empty box, type in the code that you retrieved from the Kodi media player and hit the Continue button.
- You should be able to see the message “Real-Debrid Resolver Authorized” appear on the Kodi screen.
Once you get the confirmation message, you will be able to make the most of out the multi-hosting service provided by Real-Debrid and hopefully enjoy a seamless video streaming experience with the Kodi media player.
Going through the process above to set up a Real-Debrid account, and then installing it on the Kodi media player can seem like quite the ordeal. But if you have been streaming online content with Kodi long enough, you will be able to recognize that the problems with drops in connectivity and constant buffering can ruin an enjoyable experience. This is why we do recommend that if you plan to use Kodi and its numerous video streaming add-ons regularly, the hassle of setting Real Debrid is well worth it, and so is the premium subscription fees that it requires.
We’ve tried our best to provide a detailed and simplified guide on how you can set up Real-Debrid with Kodi and streamline your online entertainment. However, if you’re facing an issue with the installation process and do need assistance in getting things up and running, we’re here to help. Just reach out to us in the comments section with your query down below, and we’ll respond back swiftly.