How to Install Showbox on FireStick TV – Free Movies & TV ShowsAre you looking for a way to install Showbox on FireStick TV and get a hold of thousands of movies and TV shows free to stream all day and night? Here’s everything you need to know about Showbox, what you can do with it, and how to get it running on the big screen.We’ve come a long way from being enslaved to the tyrants over at our local cable company, who held an iron grip on the content we could have access to. From annoying and lengthy advertisements, to expensive add-on premium channel packages, there are plenty of reasons for one to frown upon cable entertainment. As the infrastructure for wireless networking has improved across the world, the entertainment industry has taken a sharp turn towards cable-free services, with service providers such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video leading the pack.You can’t deny the fact that the online streaming service business has also become quite crowded as of late, with even the traditional cable companies such as Comcast joining the party. Additionally, you can’t always find the content that you wish to watch online on a single subscription service, so you could end up having to pay for multiple premium streaming services. All of this can certainly drive up the cost of entertainment each month significantly, which is something that none of us are willing pay up. This is where services like Showbox come into play, giving you the best of movies and TV shows for free.
What is Showbox?For as long as the internet has existed, so has the ability to watch entertaining content, and this ability has boomed after the introduction of smartphones. Android OS offers plenty of freedom to the users, which includes the ability to install apps that may lie in the legally gray area, containing content that may violate copyright laws in certain regions. One such popular on-demand entertainment service for Android mobile phones and tablets has been Showbox.Although there have been a bunch of entertainment streaming apps for Android over the years, Showbox is among the ones that has been around for years and actively supported by a team of developers. Allowing you to playback movies and TV shows in different languages, Showbox supports SD, HD, and Full-HD quality content from the app itself. However, Showbox on FireStick TV is not officially supported, so you cannot find it neither on the Amazon App Store, nor the Google Play Store.NOTE: The guide has been established for educational purposes only and we do not promote or endorse illegal activity of any sorts that may be linked to streaming or downloading copyrighted content online. It is important that you take complete responsibility for accessing any form of media online using the Showbox app. Reminder: You need to install Kodi on your Firestick, Fire TV or other device. We have some installation articles for you to follow to install Kodi.
How to Install Showbox on FireStick TVSince streaming devices like the Amazon Fire TV Stick have become the gold standard in big screen entertainment, it makes sense that you would want to enjoy Showbox onto it. Since Amazon Fire TV is based on an altered version of Android OS, you can manually install apps to it that come in APK format. To go ahead and unlock a world of unrestricted entertainment on the big screen with Showbox and Amazon Fire TV Stick, here’s everything that you need to do:
Step 1: Enable Unknown Sources on the Fire TV StickThe Unknown Sources feature of the Developer Options in Android is designed to allow sideloading of apps. This essentially means that you can directly select an APK file and install it manually to your device without the requirement of Google Play Services. Since Amazon Fire TV Stick also runs on a variant of Android OS, you can enable this option from the Settings:
- Right from the main screen on your Amazon Fire TV Stick, head over to the Settings
- Head over to Device tab and then make your way to the Developer Options
- Here you will find the tab that reads Apps from Unknown Sources and click on it to turn the feature ON.
Step 2: Install Aptoide TVAptoide is well-known third-party App Store for Android that offers the latest updated versions of apps from the Google Play Store and others sources. To make the big screen entertainment experience more pleasurable, the Aptoide TV platform has been launched, which makes it easier for you install Android apps on streaming device such as Amazon Fire TV.Note: The reason we recommend you install the Showbox app through Aptoide TV is because this is among the reliable third-party Android App Stores out there, and will be able to offer you the latest and malware-free version of apps.
- Head back to the main menu and then look for the Apps
- Using the search menu, find the app called Downloader and install it to your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Open the Downloader app and go to the Home section to enter the URL.
- Type in the following URL in the empty box – http://m.aptoid.com/installer-aptoid-tv/ and hit the Go
- Wait for the Aptoide TV APK file to be downloaded, and then press the Install button and once again to confirm.
- The Aptoide TV app will now be installed on your Amazon Fire TV Stick, so you can press the Done button to exit, or choose to launch it by pressing the Open
Step 3: Install Showbox AppThe Aptoide TV App Store for your home entertainment system gives you access to hundreds of Android apps that aren’t originally made available by Google and other Android OEMs. Fortunately, you can so find independent apps such as Showbox here, which are not available even on the Play Store.
- Open the Aptoide TV app on your Fire TV that you recently installed.
- Browse through the list of available names to find the Showbox app and select it.
- Press the Install button to begin downloading the app, which will automatically be installed by Aptoide TV to your streaming device.
- Once the process of installation is complete, you can press the Open button right then and there to launch Showbox.