Last Updated on March 24, 2019 by Husain Parvez
Are you looking to unlock the potential of the internet by understanding how to set up a VPN on Android? We’ve written down an easy-to-use guide for you to get the ExpressVPN service going on your smartphone and highlighted all of the reasons you’d want a VPN service on your phone in the first place.
Back in the day when the internet was yet to the become a connecting service that helps us communicate over the rest of the world, there was plenty of freedom around it. However, government regulations have been put forward since then, and the ideals on which the internet had been created has deviated towards malicious purposes. In times when there are heavy regulatory and regional restrictions on the internet, the ability to connect to a virtual private network, or a VPN as it is commonly known as, is a blessing to have.
VPN networks have been used for more than a decade to reroute the traffic on the internet to computer servers located across different regions of the world. When the user reroutes the internet traffic away from the local server, it becomes harder for the ISP (Internet Service Provider) to keep a track of the user’s personal browsing data. Since mobile users account to more than 60% of total internet user base today, it makes total and complete sense to learn how to set up a VPN on Android mobile device.
Benefits of Using a VPN on Android
There are plenty of reasons why VPN services have been available for computers across the globe for years now. But why has there been such an increase in demand for VPN services that work flawlessly on mobile devices as well? Here’s everything you need to know about the benefits of using a VPN service on your Android smartphone.
When you’re using a premium VPN service such as ExpressVPN on your Android device, all of the data that is transferred over the servers is put through a high level of encryption. Whether you’re connected to a public Wi-Fi network, or accessing the internet at your nearest coffee shop, you don’t have to worry about your user data being recorded and repurposed, since the VPN service ensures that everything is kept under the wraps.
Ever since the heavy crackdown on popular torrent websites, ISP and federal authorities have begun to penalize the use of torrents in a majority of countries. Whether you’re trying to download open-source content through a torrent site or already own a legal copy of the file you’re trying to get your hands on, there are plenty of legitimate reasons to use torrents and with a VPN service, it all becomes accessible by replacing your IP address and dusting off your digital fingerprints, so there is no real trace of your ever using them.
Access Regional Content
One of the most useful benefits of VPN services is the ability to change your geographical location by accessing remote servers. This allows you to access content that is regionally restricted in certain parts of the world, thus opening up even more of the internet to you. From using VPN with Netflix to view more movies and TV shows, to accessing the Google Play Store of another region, you can do it all with a VPN service.
How to Set up a VPN on Android with ExpressVPN
Now that you know how useful having a VPN service up and running on your Android device can be, it’s time to get started. But before you can go ahead and unlock the restricted abilities of the internet with ExpressVPN, here’s everything you need to know on how to install the ExpressVPN, have it configured and start using it.
Note: ExpressVPN is a premium quality VPN service that is trusted my millions of users and comes secured with a 30-day money back guarantee. You will need an ExpressVPN account username and password to begin the setup and start using the service.
- Open the browser app on your Android device and head over to the official ExpressVPN website at – expressvpn.com.
- Tap on the three-line menu button in the top-right corner of the screen and select the My Account
- Using your registered Email and saved Password, you will now be able to log into your ExpressVPN account.
- The menu screen will now ask you to set up ExpressVPN on all of your devices, so go ahead and press the Set Up ExpressVPN button.
- You will be redirected to the ExpressVPN app download page where you will be able to get the app from the Google Play Store or download the APK file
- If you do not have access to the Google Play Store, you can simply download the APK file and manually install it on to your Android using Unknown Sources.
- Once the ExpressVPN app is installed on your device, open it and press the Sign In button at the bottom.
- The app will now ask you to Set Up Your VPN, so go ahead and press the OK button and confirm it on the pop-up window.
- From the main window of the ExpressVPN app, tap on the Location tab to change the region of the VPN server you wish to connect to.
- Now press the Power button you see on the main screen to enable the VPN service and connected to the selected server.
- Once the VPN service is activated, you will be able to see a persistent notification in the shade to confirm it.
That’s all how need to learn on how to set up a VPN on Android with the help of ExpressVPN! Once you are done using the ExpressVPN service on your mobile, pull down the notifications tab and tap on the Disconnect button to disable the VPN network.
Now that you have a dependable VPN service such as ExpressVPN up and running on your Android device, you can sit back, relax, and unlock the complete potential of the internet with just one click of a button. If you’re new to the Android scene or if this is your first time learning about VPN services for smartphones and need assistance, just ask away in the comments section and we’ll be sure to answer.
- How to Unlock giffgaff iPhone in 2021 – Complete Guide - August 3, 2021
- How to Unlock Virgin Mobile iPhone in 2021 - July 21, 2021
- Unlock Three iPhone in 2021 – The Complete Guide - July 1, 2021