Looking for a way to get the most out of the latest Android flagship by learning how to unlock Samsung Galaxy S10 and its other variants? Here’s a guide to give you a complete understanding of why you need to have an unlocked Galaxy S10 smartphone in the first place, and how you can have one unlocked even after purchasing one that is tied down to a network carrier.
Back when the smartphone wars began in the early 2000s, Apple came packing a lot of power with the iPhone, Google adopted a young, yet ambitious company that brought Android OS, and Samsung was still struggling to find develop its very own mobile operating system platform. However, with the release of the Galaxy series, the South-Korean tech company partnered up with Google to make Android OS the preferred choice. The Galaxy series of smartphones from Samsung, alongside the innovation that Google introduced with each iteration of the Android OS, has become iconic in the mobile market across the world.
The fact that the Galaxy series from Samsung offers top-notch specs with the latest innovation in mobile hardware, demands a high price too. The premium price tag is best reflected in the current generation Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10 Plus, which brings an evolved design style, state of the art processing power, and a full-view display that puts the competition to rest. Being an expensive piece of mobile technology to own, most of you would prefer to get the Galaxy S10 on a contract and pay a monthly fee that includes cost of the phone, along with the cellular services that you are being provided.
Every major network carrier in the United States of America currently offers the Samsung Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10 Plus, which makes the choice easier for you. Even if you choose to pay for your flagship smartphone in full, purchasing the Galaxy S10 through a network carrier means that your phone comes with a cellular lock, ensuring that the phone can only be used with a SIM card that belongs to the network carrier that you purchased it from. If you’re thinking of jumping the ship and choosing a network carrier that offers better monthly plans, then this guide on how to unlock Samsung Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10 Plus is just the right one for you.
Why Unlock the Samsung Galaxy S10?
The business of understanding what network unlocking the Galaxy S10 means for the phone and how it affects the usability can be quite trivial at times. Under certain circumstances, you might not even be aware of the fact that your Galaxy S10 device is carrier restricted, only to find out that it is so after inserting a SIM card from another network carrier. This can especially be the case if you were able to get your hands on a used or refurbished Samsung Galaxy S10, but did not do your due diligence to find out if the phone is unlocked in the first place. However, there are plenty of reasons why you shouldn’t keep the potential of your Samsung flagship device under wraps, and get it unlocked right away:
- International Travel – For those who are always on the move, being connected to the friends and family back home is a necessity. Keeping your network-locked phone SIM card activated during an international journey can be an expensive ordeal, which is why the ability to swap out the SIM card for one from a local network carrier brand is the right choice to make. With an unlocked smartphone, you can save big by skipping past the international roaming charges and get yourself a prepaid SIM card that is cheaper and easier to manage.
- Selling the Phone – If you’ve ever browsed the market for a second-hand phone, you’ll see a clear distinction between unlocked and network-locked phones, with the unlocked variants being relatively more expensive. If you’re planning to sell off your Galaxy S10 while it can still fetch you a great price, then selling it in an unlocked state can help you bring in more cash, since it allows the buyer complete freedom over the SIM card they wish to use with the device.
- Cheaper Carriers – If you bought your Galaxy S10 with a network carrier and end up paying a premium price for the calling and data usage each month. If you’ve already paid for your phone in full and want to cut down on the monthly phone bill, the best way to do so is to switch to a network carrier that offers a plans structure suiting your usage needs.
How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy S10 Officially
Since unlocking smartphones is a mandatory policy put forward by the FCC (Federal Communications Commission), you can have your phone unlocked no matter what network carrier you purchased it from. This is why every major U.S. carrier has an official channel that you can pursue to have your mobile phone unlocked, as long as it checks off on all of the qualifiers.
The network carrier allows you to unlock your Galaxy S10 once you have completed the payments, but you are restricted to being provided only two unlocking codes every 12 months of service. If you are on a prepaid network plan from T-Mobile, the ability to unlock your Galaxy S10 is provided 12 months after the service has been subscribed to.
Additionally, you can have the device unlocked after having $100 worth of refills made on the SIM card, and for Android devices, there is also the choice to use the T-Mobile Device Unlock app. The app allows you to easily send out an unlock request and track it online, or you can choose to contact T-Mobile directly over the phone on 877-746-0909.
Sprint has a policy where it automatically unlocks mobile phones that have completed the installment payment cycle and were released after February of 2015. As long as your Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10 Plus has a clean IMEI code which has not been reported to the federal authorities as lost or stolen, you can have it officially unlocked.
However, you need to complete the wait period of 50 days before you can contact Sprint to have your phone unlocked, even if you have paid for it in full. By contacting the customer service over at Sprint using the phone number 888-226-7212 to fetch the unlock code, you can have the unlock code and enter it into your Samsung Galaxy S10.
The device unlocking policy that has been put forward by Verizon is largely flexible when it comes to older devices. Verizon mentions that it does not put up any form of network lock on mobile devices with 3G-only connectivity, and also does the same for 4G LTE mobile devices that are sold by Verizon across the country.
Since the Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10 are relatively new, you will need an unlock code to have other network carriers up and running. Make sure that the phone has been paid for in full, and then use the unlock codes “000000” or “123456” to unlock your Galaxy S10, or reach out to the Verizon customer service over at 800-922-0204 for help.
The network carrier has set up an entire platform named the Device Unlock Portal, which is your one-stop solution to unlocking the Galaxy S10 the easy way. The website allows you to not only find the current network status of your smartphone, but also gives you an easy path to unlocking the device that is linked to your AT&T mobile number.
By the federal guidelines, network carriers are given a time period of 12 months until they can keep the carrier-locked phones locked down. However, AT&T goes one step further and cuts this time in half, allowing users to have their phones network unlocked in just 6 months, as long as the product has a clean IMEI code and has been paid in full.
Why Unlock Samsung Galaxy S10 with DirectUnlocks
Although network unlocking has been marked legal by the FCC and every major network carrier offers the ability by default, you can’t always take the official route. Whether you ended up purchasing a used Galaxy S10 without the knowledge of it being locked to a specific carrier, or don’t seem to have the original SIM card that was provided with the phone, you will need a dependable third-party unlocking service that works effectively. After sieving through the web to find the best fit, and did not have to look any further than DirectUnlocks mobile unlocking service.
DirectUnlocks has built quite a reputation when it comes to offering safe, simplified, and affordable mobile network unlocking services. Encompassing customers and network carriers in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and several other countries across the world, DirectUnlocks offers a specialty service for Samsung Galaxy devices that were purchased under a carrier contract originally. Although the official channel can help you get your phone unlocked, it can take days, or even weeks to get it done. Additionally, the terms and conditions that are put forward by network carriers can be frustrating to say the least.
Here’s where the network unlocking service for Galaxy S10 by DirectUnlocks excels, by cutting down the unlock request process time to a fraction. On an average, you can expect your Samsung Galaxy S10 to be unlocked and ready for use why any SIM card within 48 hours of making the payment for the service and having the unlock request processed. Since DirectUnlocks comes with a proven track record of helping thousands of users get the cellular freedom they deserve, you can rest assured knowing that you will be taken care of.
Albeit, there are dozens of service providers out there that claim to offer the ability to gain complete network connectivity freedom. However, none of them can claim to have more than a million mobile devices successfully unlocked the way DirectUnlocks does. When it comes to ensuring that you get the right results in the shortest period of time, we recommend that you choose DirectUnlocks to facilitate the process and enjoy permanent network freedom on your Samsung Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10 Plus.
How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy S10 with DirectUnlocks
The unlock service offered by DirectUnlocks is meant to be affordable, convenient, and easy to operate for the customer. To help you get the cellular freedom that you’ve deserved, here’s how you can make the most out DirectUnlocks and get your Samsung Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10 Plus unlocked right now.
Step 1: Fetch the IMEI Number
Before you can even begin the process of getting the device unlocked, you need to fetch the IMEI number of the Galaxy S10. The IMEI number is a unique code that is allotted to your device by the manufacturer, which essentially acts as an identifier used by federal authorities to track down the whereabouts of the device in case it ever gets lost or stolen. To find out the unique IMEI code that is linked to your Samsung Galaxy S10, here’s what you need to do:
- From the home screen of your Galaxy S10, head over to the Settings
- Scroll all the way down to find the About Phone
- Here you will be able to see all of the details regarding your phone, which should include the Model Number, Serial Number, and the IMEI Number as well.
- Write down the IMEI Number, since you will need to it send out an unlock request using DirectUnlocks.
Additionally, you can also fetch the IMEI Number by opening the Phone app and dialing the following number – *#06#
Step 2: Use DirectUnlocks Network Unlock Service
With the IMEI Number of your Galaxy S10 device within your reach, you can now reach out the DirectUnlocks network unlock service provider to begin the process of gaining complete networking freedom on your mobile phone.
- From the web browser, head over to the DriectUnlocks website using the following web link – DirectUnlockscom.
- On the website screen, scroll down to find the region from where you’ve purchased your Samsung Galaxy S10 (UK, USA, Canada, France, Ireland, Spain, Sweden).
- If you cannot find your region among the available options, you can use the drop-down menu provided to find your country of purchase.
- Now under the Country of your selection, pick the Network Carrier to which your mobile phone is locked down to.
- Here you should also be able to see the basic unlocking fees that DirectUnlocks charges for each of the network carrier.
- When you click on the network carrier name, you will be asked to Choose the Model for which you want to send the unlock request.
- The next section will ask you to enter the IMEI Number, so go ahead and type in the code that you fetched earlier on your Galaxy S10.
- The next screen will give you details about your selected model and ask you to confirm the IMEI number you have entered.
- You should also be able to see the Average Timeframe that has been mentioned by DirectUnlocks to complete the unlocking process.
- The screen will offer you a link to the payment portal through Debit Card or Credit Card and begin the unlocking process.
The unlocking process will now begin and you will be able to track the progress using the reference information that will be emailed to you. Once the unlocking process has been successfully completed, the unlock code will be emailed to you by DirectUnlocks, so make sure that the email address that you’ve provided is the correct one.
Note: Although DirectUnlocks has a high clearance rate when it comes to offering complete network unlocking services, there can be certain instances where the service providers does not follow through. However, DirectUnlocks keeps your money secure by ensuring that you get each of your cent back in case the unlocking process is not completed. Even after the unlock code is issued and it doesn’t seem to work for you, you can reach out to DirectUnlocks and claim a full refund.
Modern smartphones come equipped with cellular network bands that are capable of high-speed connectivity across different frequencies. However, the limitations are put forward by network carrier brands in association with the manufacturers to control the way users can make most out of the cellular prowess that these powerful smartphones come packed with. When you decide to spend a significant amount of money on a mobile phone, being restricted in terms of network connectivity just doesn’t seem fair.
This is why we recommend that you get the most out of your Samsung Galaxy S10 by having it network unlocked. The reason we recommend DirectUnlocks for this purpose is the simplicity that the service offers, the high success rate that has been appreciated by customers in the past, and the fact that it offers you a live tracking system that shows you the progress rate of the unlocking process. If you too are among those who has been on the lookout for a way on how to unlock Samsung Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10 Plus, reach out to DirectUnlocks today and unlock the hidden potential of your flagship smartphone.
Are you among those who recently had their mobile phone network unlocked, and would you like to share your experience with us? Be sure to voice your thoughts and opinions, or share your experience in the comments section right down below.