What is Kodi?Previously known as XBMC (Xbox Media Centre), Kodi is a home media hub that uses free and open source software to let you listen to, watch, and play pretty much anything you want. By aggregating all your stored media into one location, Kodi makes the storing and streaming of all your digital media convenient and easy.While Kodi does not officially contain or create any of its own content, the highly customizable interface, from themes to plugins and add-ons, as well as an active developers community, makes the well-designed media hub a natural choice for power users.The Kodi app is available on the official site for download on all major operating systems, although you need to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad for the iOS versions to work. Kodi used to be called XBMC, which might be what’s causing the confusion. It’s a versatile and extremely popular piece of media-player software, and is often used to play internet video (or downloaded media files in variety of formats) on a big-screen TV. The biggest draw is the vast number of add-ons available, offering extended functionality like the ability to watch movies or live TV. Contrary to popular belief, you can use Kodi to play video on an iPad or iPhone – just not officially, since the software isn’t available on the App Store. Instead, the most common approach is to download it from the Cydia software store, but this strategy obviously only works on devices that are jailbroken. While it’s probably simpler to go down the jailbreaking route, there is a way to install the Kodi app on your iOS device without a jailbreak – and here’s how to do it.
Method 1: Install Kodi on your iPhone using TweakBox AppTweakBox is a wonderful tool to download numerous apps that are unavailable on the Apple store. Even you might get many paid apps that are completely free in TweakBox. This excellent 3rd party app installer can be used to install Kodi on your favourite iPhone. Follow the below instructions to download TweakBox and install Kodi on your iPhone:
- Open Safari browser on your iPhone and go to www.tweakboxapp.com
- Click on the ‘DOWNLOAD APP’ button to download TweakBox app
Method 2: Installing Kodi using Cydia ImpactorThis is an alternative way to install Kodi on your iOS device without jailbreaking. Cydia Impactor is a popular app available for macOS and Windows that allows iOS users to install non-App Store apps .To get started you will want to download Cydia Impactor and the most recent Kodi .IPA file. You can download the latest file from this link. Remember to download the latest version. Avoid any beta versions as they may be unstable and buggy. It is important to note the current Kodi version/build isn’t a 64-bit app. Therefore it is not supported in iOS 11, so this is for iOS 10 and earlier users.
Follow the following steps:
- First, Connect your iOS device to your PC or Mac. If iTunes opens automatically when you plug in your iOS device, close the iTunes application before you start the next step.
- Open the Cydia Impactor application. Then, drag-and-drop Kodi .ipa file you downloaded earlier on to the app.
- Select your iOS device n the drop-down menu, then click Start button.
- Cydia will prompt for the Apple ID login. The login is verified with Apple.
- Once the app has been installed, go to Settings >> General >> Profiles & Device Management. The location of this may vary depending on the your version of IOS.
- Find the profile with your Apple ID and then open it.
- Select the Trust button
- Then open the appplication. Have fun exploring many benefits that you get from Kodi!
- After Your Kodi is Installed: Add Kodi Add-ons onto your iPhone