This MetroPCS unlock Android or iOS guide details everything you need to understand and know about getting your smartphone revved up to work with all domestic and international network carriers. Here’s everything you ought to know about why MetroPCS unlock on is the right way proceed, and the different methods that you can employ to get it done.
Whether you purchased a mobile device under a MetroPCS contract to make the most out of a discount scheme at the time of purchase, or Simply you are not happy with the user subscription plans offered by the cellular network operator or fed up of not receiving any signal in your area, you don’t need to be glued and bond to it.
We have curated a guide that helps you understand why unlocking your phone from MetroPCS is in your best interest, with a detailed guide to unlock MetroPCS phone, a guide that checks all the boxes. From the official guide to unlocking your Android or iOS phone, to the third-party ways that offer an effective and affordable solution to unlocking, you can find all of it listed down below.
Guide to Unlock MetroPCS Phone Officially
Every major network service operator in the United States and across the world use the tactics of network locking their devices. It is not a surprise that MetroPCS does the same, but as the law mandates to all the network service providers and carriers, but, by law, all the carriers have to have a mandatory unlocking for locked devices on their contract devices. This does not mean you can directly storm into a MetroPCS head office and demand an unlock for Android or iOS locked device. First, you need to fulfil the criteria that are mentioned below.
- The smartphone should have been officially and legally purchased from MetroPCS or selling partners, either online or through a registered MetroPCS unlock service partner under legal contract.
- The Android or iOS iPhone should not be reported as lost or stolen or had not been blocked by MetroPCS earlier.
- MetroPCS account which the phone is paired should be in good standing, meaning that there should not be any outstanding cancellation dues and penalties.
- There is a limit for unlocking requests set by MetroPCS, where customers can request the unlocking code only: two per every 12 months for a device that is enrolled with the account. This is done for security reasons.
- Unlocking terms and conditions place by MetroPCS should be met and agreed to proceed with the request.
- Certain exceptions may apply, with MetroPCS with the right to ask the customer for proof of purchase.
For MetroPCS postpaid customers
- The iPhone should be active and in use under the network for at least 40 days before making the unlock request to MetroPCS.
- The device should be paid entirely with no remaining dues and penalties on the locked device.
- The subscription plan charges of the MetroPCS account should be settled, even if it is for cancelled accounts.
For MetroPCS pre-paid customers and account holders
- The Android and iPhone locked to the MetroPCS carries and service provider should be active for minimum one year before the unlocking request can be put forward and acknowledged by MetroPCS.
- There should have been a minimum $100 worth of refills or transactions done through the MetroPCS account to which the Android or iOS iPhone is connected to.
How to unlock MetroPCS Phone Officially
Once you have ensured that your Android or iOS iPhone is paid off completely, data and other carrier bills are cleared, meeting the guidelines stated by MetroPCS, you can contact their customer care or visit their corporate stores and provide them with:
- Phone number of the handset you want to get unlocked.
- Name on the account.
- Account billing pin.
After providing with these pieces of information, MetroPCS will provide you with the unlocking pin.
- MetroPCS network carrier provides you with the SIM unlock code for your Android or iOS iPhone at no additional cost.
- The official SIM unlocks code from the MetroPCS network operator will get your device unlocked.
- There is a mandatory wait time that can last a minimum year if you want to have your Android or iOS iPhone unlocked, even when there are no payments due left to pay.
- Trying to get the SIM MetroPCS unlock code after giving all the details could take days or even weeks at times, depending on the network carrier and region you want your Android or iOS device unlocked.
- The process of MetroPCS SIM carrier unlocking becomes more tedious if your mobile phone was reported lost or stolen previously, they might not even entertain you if these are your scenarios.
- MetroPCS has complete autonomy over the SIM unlocking process, and may simply disqualify the mobile phone for unlocking if the strict guidelines are not met.
Third-party Services to Unlock MetroPCS Phone
If you are unable to meet the requirements for unlocking your Android or iOS smartphone from MetroPCS, you might want to consider third-party methods to unlock your Android or iOS smartphone before giving up on your device. Here are some third-party methods you can try to unlock your Android or iOS smartphone.
Software Unlocking Method for iOS iPhone (Valid up to iPhone 3G)
In the early days of iPhone, jailbreaking was all the high because it allowed users to do more with their devices than Apple intended themselves like getting past the barriers of iOS and do all sorts of customizing and tweaking. Additionally, jailbreaking in the early versions of the iOS iPhones also allowed risk-takers to exploit a networking loophole in the iOS, which granted users carrier unlocked status to iPhones.
The ability to carrier unlocks devices by jailbreaking iPhones has been looked over by Apple after the release of the iPhone 4. Since the iPhone 3G is now more than a decade old, you are most likely to be using a newer iPhone model, which has the carrier unlock exploit closed and sealed up on iOS iPhone.
Hardware-level Unlocking Method (Very Risky)
Most mainstream Android or iOS iPhone users would squeal and screech at the thought of having their precious phone all gutted out just to have its carrier unlocked. A junk technique that is hacked on to your device in the grey market to get unlocked status access to locked devices are getting a self-entitled “expert” to take a look at the guts and bruise the internals of the circuit board which is a platform for your internals to work perfectly.
This is the shadiest it can get when it comes to carrier SIM unlocking on the iPhone, since this method not only voids and nulls the warranty of your Apple iPhone, but also risks damaging the motherboard and damaging it completely. Safe to say, this method no longer works on newer models of the iPhone, because of the software restrictions and even getting inside your iPhone has gotten way more complicated than just unscrewing two proprietary bottom screws.
Guide to IMEI Unlock MetroPCS Phone
After digging through the internet and searching consumer and tech forums, we’ve reached to a conclusion that the most effective, easy and safest way to have your MetroPCS Android or iOS iPhone carrier unlocked is by IMEI unlocking. Similarly to how the official unlocking process works on the MetroPCS network provider, these third-party unlocking services providers are known to give but, they may charge you a fee for unlocking codes to users, just the way MetroPCS officially would, which can then directly be used on mobile phones to gain complete unlocked networking grants across all SIM cards and carriers. But these third-party IMEI unlocking services provide you with the code at an incurring cost; the benefits offered far outweigh the hassle.
- You can request an unlocking code regardless of when you had purchased your Android or iOS iPhone, as long as it was verified purchase from MetroPCS.
- Most trusted SIM unlocking services in the market or websites offer a genuine unlock code with a high 95% or more success rates.
- Based on the carrier that you choose, you should be able to pick your Android or iOS iPhone handset model and its specific network carrier from a variety of other manufacturers and smartphone model, including MetroPCS.
- Within the time of 24 to 48 hours of submitting a request for carrier SIM unlocking, you can expect a working code sent to your registered email address.
Sometimes cheaper SIM carrier unlocking services have been notoriously known to hand out fake carrier unlocking codes. This can be a nuisance because some network operators ban the option to try out carrier unlocking codes only three times per device in a given period of time.
Knowing and understanding that the third-party IMEI unlocking market is flooded by both, high-quality and reliable services as well as mediocre unlocking carrier service providers, it is very important that you choose the ones that are reliable and best suited and made for you. In our research and hunt to find the best carrier unlocking third-party services, we’ve decided on two best names in this business, IMEIDoctor and DirectUnlocks to help you in getting your Android handset or iOS iPhone free from the restrictions set upon it by MetroPCS and get out the networking capabilities of your device and use any carrier you want with your smartphone.
Why Should you Choose IMEIDoctor and DirectUnlocks
After helping you get to the conclusion that a third-party IMEI unlocking services are the way to go for carrier unlocking, we don’t want you to waste hours and minutes of your valuable time looking for the best ones out there. In selecting both, IMEIDoctor and DirectUnlocks for the purpose of this guide and method, we have put the two through our very own devices for qualifying the test to make sure that as a consumer, you get the best and most bang for your money and do not waste your hard-earned money elsewhere.
Widespread device support for Android as well as iOS
The first and the most factor that we have kept in mind in choosing the two best carrier SIM unlocking services is will it even support unlocking the Android handset or even an iOS iPhone and its variants that are available in the different region elsewhere in the world. Since we do not want to start by making any payments and be disappointed later to know that your model of Android handset or iOS Apple iPhone is not supported, we have ensured that the recommended services support carrier SIM unlocking even for the latest iPhone 11 on MetroPCS.
Complete SIM unlocking service
The reason you are choosing to spend the extra time and money on third-party carrier unlocking services and get your Android handset, or iOS iPhone unlocked from the MetroPCS network, is that you want your device to allow it to work on any other network carrier. The recommended network carrier unlocking services will not hold you back by unlocking your iPhone just for a specific region or place or only make it capable of working with a handful of service providers.
Efficient and affordable
After saving hundreds, even thousands of dollars to get your hands on a shiny Android flagship or an Apple iPhone, it can seem a bit unfair to spend out even more cash to carrier unlock the networking capabilities of the Android or iOS device. The carrier SIM unlocking service providers that we have mentioned here are not the cheapest ones out in the open, but knowing the high rate of effectiveness and success with which these services give the verified carrier unlock code, they are well worth the asking price and effort.
Supreme customer service
The way that these carrier SIM unlocking services are made is in a self-catering manner, where you choose your Android or iOS device, select the network carrier, make the payment through your choice of payment gateways, then wait patiently for the carrier unlock code to arrive through your email. In case you get into some trouble during all of this process, there is a robust customer care service ready to entertain your queries right from the registration process, till the very end to get your carrier to unlock code.
Widely accepted payment methods and gateways
Despite the inclined growth of online marketplaces and online service providers for many things, you might end up with a payment gateway that does not accept your bank or credit, debit card. We have ensured that the carrier SIM unlocking service providers mentioned, support all of the major credit, debit cards, with a Simplified and direct payment gateway in place for easy and secure payments for the services.
Speedy and quick service
One of the advantages to having a third-party SIM unlocking service to carrier unlock your Android handset or iOS iPhone is for the quick response time and rate that these services offer. When you are choosing to pay a premium amount for carrier unlocking your Android handset or iOS iPhone from the MetroPCS network, instead of choosing to contact MetroPCS directly, the last thing you can expect is to have the carrier unlock code delivered to you in a more speedy way, which is exactly why we recommended what unlocking service providers have to offer that is not even an option doing through the MetroPCS way.
IMEIDoctor – Best to unlock Android or iOS iPhone in the US and the UK
The reason you will find that we have recommended IMEIDoctor to the top spot in this round up as the best SIM unlocking service provider for Android or iOS devices, can not be summed in one SIMple line. With thousands of positive reviews and outcomes for people who used this service to carrier unlock their handsets, from customers and several years of experience in the IMEI unlocking service space, IMEIDoctor stands as a formidable contender in this business model, taking the top podium.
Whether it was high success rates that we experienced with the tested iPhone on MetroPCS carrier network, or prompt customer service and support we received, it was a comforting and confident experience from the standpoint of a consumer for these types of carrier unlocking services.
- When compared to other carrier SIM unlocking service providers that we put to the test, IMEIDoctor was the only name to return with an impressive 100% success rate and eas to use.
- When contacting the customer support, they were prompt and quick to be attended, with not more than 2 hours of waiting time for a response from the customer care team.
- Being 10% – 20% cheaper when compared to other unlocking services on the marketplace, IMEIDoctor has a leading edge and a robust dedicated refund policy as well.
DirectUnlocks– Best for users worldwide
We have chosen a winner for the first spot on the list, but it was hard to ignore DirectUnlocks either. When put to the test run, DirectUnlocks traded blows with all of the competitors on the list in every form and met high standards of service quality that we had high hopes coming from IMEIDoctor, but where it could not come as close as top one on the roundup, is with the 100% success rate that the latter was able to provide with carrier unlocking Android or iPhone. Backed up by dozens of positive reviews from delighted customers, lead us to believe that we are not the first and only ones who find DirectUnlocks to be a satisfactory carrier SIM unlocking services providers.
- Instructions to begin the carrier SIM unlocking process were easy to read and understand, clear steps and with not too much time wasted here and there, the carrier SIM unlock activation pin was provided in less than 48 hours and the service was quick.
- Customer care service was responsive and very helpful, helped out with the SIM unlocking process every step by step and guided us well, even after the payment was made.
- The pricing was on par with the other carrier SIM unlocking service providers and fairly stated with no hidden charges. In the case of any failed payments, refunds were made quickly and prompt.
It had an affordable pricing plan, and decent customer support from the carrier unlocking service provider were charming, but a success rate of 75% did cost it to lose it a few points on the scale.
Keys2iPhone – Best to avoid this one
While we had to scrutinize both IMEIDoctor and DirectUnlocks to decide which one would rise on top, unfortunately, this was not the case when it came to Keys2iPhone. Right from the get-go at the official webpage of this carrier SIM unlocking service that it is catered to only Apple iPhone, it seemed like we were back in the early 2000s with outdated and frankly, unpleasant user interface. In spite of not judging the book by its covers, the carrier unlocking service was a huge disappointment too on several aspects.
The rate for network carrier unlocking was mediocre at best in comparison to the two top contenders on the roundup in our testing, with a success rate of measly 50% only compared to the other two carrier unlocking services.
- Only having half of the devices unlocked was a major disappointment and a letdown, taking in consideration from the excellent results offered by the other two service providers on the list.
- The average time was five days for carrier SIM unlocking code for iPhone and Android on MetroPCS, which is more than double than the competitors.
- The service for carrier unlocking seems to charge some extra fee in some cases, or ways, which seems to be greedy, especially after the payment has been made in full settlement.
- Better customer support from the carrier SIM unlocking service provider would have been more appreciated to resolve problems with the refund process.
Step-by-Step Unlock MetroPCS Phone
Step 1 – Choose either of the two carrier SIM unlocking service providers that we have experimented and also recommend which are mentioned above.
Step 2 – Note down the unique IMEI number of your Android device or iOS iPhone, which is required by the unlocking service provider for the carrier SIM unlocking process of your MetroPCS.
- Head over to the Phone icon on your Android or iPhone device and dial in *#06#* code on the dialer and tap on the call button.
- This should pop up the IMEI Number of your Android or iOS iPhone device.
- IMEI number can also be found by going to the Settings – General – About menu and scrolling down for both the Android as well as iOS devices.
Step 3 – Fill down the IMEI number on the carrier SIM unlocking service provider’s website and proceed to the payment page after you have confirmed your Android or iPhone model and selected MetroPCS as the network carrier you want to unlock.
Step 4 – Depending on the Android or iPhone model and service provider, you will be sent a carrier SIM unlock code through the registered email-id address within a few days of time. If you are lucky, you can get you unlocking code in just 48 hours or even less.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is MetroPCS GSM or CDMA?
At the beginning of its existence, MetroPCS was available to the consumers in the form of a CDMA carrier, which meant that even if the device was network unlocked, it would only work with CDMA carriers such as Verizon and AT&T. However, after being bought over by T-Mobile USA, MetroPCS became a GSM/LTE/VoLTE network carrier. Moreover, MetroPCS was actually the very first network carrier in the USA to offer VoLTE service under the GSM banner.
Why should I Get MetroPCS unlock?
Cheaper services subscription programs
When you first chose to opt for MetroPCS as your preferred carrier partner and got yourself a smartphone, the data plans and monthly payment package rate may have been the deal-breaker that compelled you. However, after few years when the excitement dies down, and you see other carriers are giving cheaper networks are giving out better value for money services and plans, escaping the jaws of MetroPCS might seem like the only option available, especially when the monthly premium is higher than it should be.
There are plenty of affordable, cheap and efficient cellular networking solutions and even good mobile reception, with more competitive network carriers like Sprint, Cricket Wireless, Virgin, and others fighting to take back the market share from the brands such as Verizon. With the Android or iOS device unlocked, you have the power to choose the networking plan that best suits for you, and benefits from the growing competition in the cellular space.
Better selling price for the phone
Yes, it is true, nor die-hard Android smartphone users can deny that iPhones have better resale value than the Android counterpart on the used smartphone market. A smartphone user can sell his/her device with the device carrier unlocked to increase its value on the second-hand market.
Having your Android or iPhone device carrier unlocked will help fetch more money, and more people will be interested in purchasing an unlocked device than a locked carrier device be it even is in pristine condition. People tend to pay more for a second-hand unlocked device than a locked device because there are no restrictions on choosing the carrier.
Using the unlock MetroPCS phone worldwide
If you are planning an international trip with your family and friends, and think you will be able to use your locked Android or iPhone device with international carriers, you are very wrong, and you might be stuck with a useless communication device. Unlocking your smartphone device is beneficiary to people who travel internationally frequently, as unlocking your device means your mobile phone can work with any carrier and service provider.
Unlocking your device will be much cheaper than an international data bill from your locked carrier and data service provider. However, unlocking your MetroPCS phone does not mean you have to cut all ties with your old carrier, after your international endeavors, you can revert to your old carrier or even choose another alternative to MetroPCS.
Dual-SIM support for iPhone
Since the beginning rise of Android smartphones, some phone manufacturers managed to add not only one SIM support, but two SIM cards support on a single Android device. At first, only Chinese mid-range smartphones used to have this feature, but now due to high demand, even Flagship smartphones come with dual SIM support. But for Mainland China and its territories, Apple iPhones XS, XS Max and above have dual physical nano-SIM card support.
Can I unlock MetroPCS phone for free?
The unlocking service given by MetroPCS is free of charge. Whether you are a postpaid or a prepaid Android or iOS iPhone, MetroPCS provides you with free unlocking when met the criteria. If you are a pay as you go customer for your Android or iOS iPhone device, you will first have to pay off your Android or iOS iPhone device monthly instalments to meet the complete criteria to unlock your device through the MetroPCS carrier.
We have discussed the official way to unlock through MetroPCS has its downsides, and the hardware option for carrier SIM unlocking is device murder, looking to third-party IMEI carrier SIM unlocking services is the right choice to make. IMEIDoctor rests comfortably at the very top of the list when it comes to carrier SIM unlocking with an astonishingly 100% success rate and also with solid customer support for the backbone of the service. A close second number is DirectUnlocks, which is only behind due to a lower success rate, but does not fall back in terms of the quality that is offered to the customers at a fairly affordable rate.
Which of the top SIM unlocking services are you going to pick to go for and get smartphone unlocked from MetroPCS? Would you instead take your chances with a more affordable SIM unlocking service provider and find out whether saving those extra dollars is worth it? Be sure to give out your thoughts in the comments section down below, we’re waiting to hear back what you’ve had to say.
- Best Battery Life Bluetooth Earbuds to Buy in 2020 - August 13, 2020
- Best Over Ear Headphones for iPhone to Buy in 2020 - August 9, 2020
- How to Fix iPhone not Showing up on PC - August 4, 2020