Last Updated on March 15, 2021 by Husain Parvez
Looking for a way to unlock EE iPhone and enjoy unrestricted access across all cellular networks? Here’s a complete guide to EE iPhone unlocking.
Carrier offers are often the first stop if you’re in the market for buying a new flagship phone. However, this usually involves being locked in a contract for extended periods. However, if you’ve cleared the time limit or are looking to switch to a different carrier but on the same phone, your only choice is to get it unlocked. Luckily, networks like EE are relatively easy to be unlocked and here’s how you can get your EE phone unlocked.
Can any EE device or iPhone be unlocked?
Yes, but various limitations and conditions are applied depending upon the device you have purchased and the type of plan you’re subscribed to. Most newer devices will automatically be unlocked after some time, but older devices may have some other process.
Any newer iPhone variant sold by verified EE partners or through EE directly will be automatically unlocked after 18 months of use. You can confirm if the iPhone is unlocked by texting “UNLOCK” to 150. However, all older devices will need an unlock code acquired from EE or other unlocking services.
Note: Corporate registered devices cannot be unlocked simply with the normal process, and you will need to contact the account manager for an unlock request.
Why should you unlock your EE iPhone?
Unlocking your EE phone will bring some essential benefits to the table, some of which can be termed as one of the best ways to extend the life of your device. The ability to use different SIM cards from various other carriers is the crucial point, but there are still some benefits that you should know about, and they are:
- Compatibility with different carriers as suggested earlier
- Allows you to have better deals and monthly plan options
- Extends the device life cycle by allowing it to work with other carriers
- It gets you better re-sale values
- It makes international travel easy and affordable by cutting down on roaming charges
Does unlocking iPhone factor in a cost?
The unlocking cost of your EE phone depends on multiple factors, and they are:
- The plan you have been subscribed to and whether the contract has ended.
- The contract cost and the monthly payments.
Note: The unlock is free for devices bought from EE, and if it’s not, the price is £8.99. This includes second-hand phone space. If you got a second-hand phone from stores like eBay or if someone gave you one, the cost will be £8.99 to unlock it.
How long does it take for the unlocking process, and can EE unlock my iPhone?
If you own an Apple iPhone on a monthly plan, you can get your phone unlocked instantly. However, most other devices will need a maximum of 72 hours to be unlocked.
Note: Some cases may require EE to coordinate with the device manufacture to get an unlock code, and if that happens, the ee iPhone unlocking process can take up to 10 days.
How to unlock EE iPhone?
The unlocking process is straightforward, but it does require some conditions to be met, and they are:
- Pay all your monthly plan bills
- Be the original EE account owner for the device.
- You will need to use the phone for a minimum of six months.
- The device hasn’t been reported lost or stolen.
The unlocking process for a monthly payment plan iPhone:
- Log in to the My EE app or webpage.
- Click on the “Menu” and then select “Manage Devices.”
- Next, select the “Device Tools” option
- Now, choose “Unlock your phone” and complete the following on-screen instructions.
The unlocking process for all other phones:
- Go to the EE’s device unlocks page, look for the guide, and follow the provided instructions.
- Provide the details about your plan, and check whether you meet the requirements to unlock your phone.
- Complete the process and unlock your phone.
The unlocking process for “Pay as you go or Flex plans” devices:
Flex plan devices can be unlocked as soon as you buy the device, and the unlocking process is:
- Firstly, register your device by calling 150 from the phone.
- After the registering process is completed, head on to the EE’s device unlock guide and complete the unlocking process.
The unlocking process for “second-hand” phones:
If you own a second-hand phone locked to EE, then dial 150 from the device and talk to the customer care executive for the unlocking process.
Now, if you’re still stuck with a locked device and can’t get EE to help you for any reason, we have the perfect recommendation for you. However, the following process is something to be thoroughly researched. So, don’t skip any part and get through the process with complete attention.
The “unofficial” services for unlocking EE iPhone
The only successful method that grants excellent unlocking services is the IMEI method, and it requires some basic knowledge for getting your device unlocked. Thus, here we are with our recommendations that would help you complete the process to have an easier time switching to a different carrier.
Note: The IMEI number can be found on your phone box or by dialing *#06#, which displays the number on the screen.
The unlocking process for the services listed below:
Step 2: Access the region tab on the top right and select the region as the UK.
Step 3: Now get to the Network Carrier section and select EE as the carrier of choice
Step 4: Now select the device and get your IMEI number ready
Step 5: Enter the IMEI in the text box
Step 6: The following screen shows you an overview of all your selections and asks you to confirm the IMEI number.
Step 7: Continue with the process, fill in all required details and get to the payment screen
Step 8: Pay the required fee and receive the confirmation email
Step 9: Wait for the unlocking process to complete.
Step 10: Test your device with a different SIM to check if it is unlocked, and if it isn’t, then contact customer care.
IMEIDoctor – The Best tool for unlocking EE iPhone
IMEIDoctor delivers a great UI that permits a consistent experience for unlocking ee iPhone. With many reviews bragging about the success rates, IMEIDoctor has become an excellent unlocking service and has offered immense support to individuals that require its services. With incredible success from the UK Carriers, IMEIDoctor has become the staple service on the net. With that being said, the process can still go wrong, and in that case, excellent customer care rushes to your help by providing any details and solving all your problems.
Pros for using IMEIDoctor:
- Fast unlocking speeds with excellent reliability
- Accepts all forms of payments
- Delivers excellent customer service if anything heads south
Cons for using IMEIDoctor:
- Can have some network delays
In Short, IMEIDoctor is an unlocking tool that provides security and reliability for unlocking UK carriers and must be considered by anyone looking to unlock EE iPhone.
DirectUnlocks – Best unlocking tool used around the world
DirectUnlocks guarantees a trustworthy EE iPhone unlock help by offering total SIM unlocking for all iPhones consisting of various devices, including iPhone 5s ee, iPhone 6 ee, and the recent iPhone 12 line-up. The UI brings about the ideal result by providing quick access to the service and all other parts of the webpage. Nonetheless, assume if anything turns out badly, and the code provided to you by DirectUnlocks doesn’t work currently or as it is supposed to. Customer support becomes an integral factor by helping you with your inquiries and all the various issues you may face throughout the process of unlocking your EE phone.
Pros for using DirectUnlocks:
- Reliable to use with a great success rate for unlocking any device.
- Fast unlocking process with great reviews all over
- Works with all phones whether they may be new, old, or bought second-hand
- Affordable rates for the unlocking process
Cons for using DirectUnlocks:
- It can prove to be slow with some carriers and may extend the unlocking time.
In Short, DirectUnlocks is a service that delivers and provides some of the best unlocking services throughout the world. However, it sometimes suffers from latency and issues regarding the unlock time as the requests are high.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is unlocking iPhones legal?
Unlocking iPhones in the UK is perfectly legal, and the right to unlock your iPhone is protected by both the National Parliament and the European Union. So, go on unlocking your device and get the best features available to you in an instant
Why are iPhones get locked in the first place?
Phone companies and manufacturers lock iPhones to their network because it spreads the total cost of the phone over the contract period. This helps the consumer by getting them a heavily discounted price but entraps them in a single network carrier. In my opinion, unlocking is an excellent process to get your right on the phone back and use any network service as long as you pay the contract bills.
That’s all about the process to unlock EE phones with coverage for the official method and the unofficial services. Be sure to connect with us for any issues or queries regarding the process in the comment section below.
- How to Unlock Telstra iPhone in 2021 – Complete Guide - March 1, 2021
- How to Unlock ATT iPhone – The Complete Guide - February 26, 2021
- How to Unlock EE iPhone -The Complete Guide - February 24, 2021