Last Updated on August 3, 2021 by Husain Parvez
Here’s a detailed guide to unlock giffgaff iPhone not just the official way, but with some reliable third-party services that are affordable too.
Did you get yourself a new iPhone recently and found out that you cant use other SIM cards than the one it is locked to, or Do you already have an older iPhone that is carrier locked to giffgaff? Well, if that’s the case, then you’re at the right place.
Today we’ll be looking at all the necessary information for unlocking your iPhone from giffgaff and what are the tools required to do so. Don’t worry, as the overall process is easy and quick and will get your phone unlocked in a day. So, what are we waiting for? Let’s dive straight into it, shall we?
Why Should You Unlock giffgaff iPhone?
Unlocking your giffgaff iPhone will bring a lot of benefits, and there can be a lot of reasons for you to unlock your older devices. However, the primary reasons that come to everyone’s mind are:
- Better connectivity and data rates – This is one of the most prominent reasons for unlocking as it allows you to use different SIM cards from various carriers. This means that you gain back the freedom to choose and select the best of the best plans to help you better manage your spendings and bring the overall cost of running your device down. Hence, it is significantly better for unlocking iPhone 7 or iPhone 8 or any older model as they can be used as a great secondary device.
- International Travelling – While travelling is on hold, we are stuck in people with a job that requires them to travel to other countries or people who are still travelling or are planning to have a much better and smoother journey with an unlocked iPhone. Since unlocking helps you use different SIM cards, you can be sure that you can use any SIM card from a local ISP in any country you visit. This means you get cheaper rates and better connectivity all across the world.
- Better Resale Value – Finally, the third most prominent reason you can unlock your device is to increase its resale value. Yes, you can exchange your older iPhones with the carrier you bought them from, but generally, they don’t give out that much money and selling it second-hand makes up for a better deal. Hence, unlocked iPhones go for a lot more on the second-hand market, and that’s why unlocking can get you a lot more money for your device.
Before Unlocking iPhone on giffgaff
Unlocking can be challenging for beginners but now that you’re sure that you want to unlock your iPhone and have all the benefits that come with the unlocking process, let’s look at all the things you might need to unlock your device without any hassle.
What do you need to unlock your device?
There are a few things that you need to keep in mind before you go ahead and unlock your device, and accordingly, you will need a few things before you unlock, and these are:
- A giffgaff locked iPhone
- The giffgaff SIM card
- A new different SIM card
- IMEI number of your carrier-locked iPhone
- All the data and information for your giffgaff account
Note: IMEI is a unique identification number of your device and is different for all devices. It is used for device and credential verification and can be found at the box of your iPhone. However, if that’s not with you, you can also dial in *#06#, and you would see the IMEI number on the screen. Finally, you can also go into settings and device information to find the IMEI number there.
Criteria for Unlocking your iPhone: (For Official Unlocking from giffgaff)
Unlocking your iPhone officially isn’t easy as clicking a few buttons and requires you to fulfil some criteria set by giffgaff, and here are some requirements that giffgaff needs you to have:
- Own the iPhone and the giffgaff account
- All the dues should be cleared
- The account should be active for a minimum of 4 months
- Have the SIM card still with you
- The iPhone shouldn’t be reported lost or stolen
Note: As giffgaff doesn’t lock the iPhones themselves and just resells the original carrier’s device, you would also need to know which carrier your giffgaff iPhone is locked to, whether it may be Vodafone, O2, EE, Three or more.
The Complete Guide to Unlock giffgaff iPhone
Now that you know all the things that can be required for the unlocking process and the unlocking criteria let’s get started with the unlock process.
Unlock giffgaff iPhone Officially
The official unlocking process is easy and is guaranteed to unlock your iPhone. However, it is comparatively slower and requires more money and time to be invested. You can unlock your giffgaff iPhone by:
- Head on to the giffgaff unlock webpage linked here and log in with your giffgaff account
- Now, select your device from the drop-down menu and proceed with the other steps
- Now, select your carrier from the drop-down menu and follow the on-screen instructions
- Next, giffgaff would show you the fee for unlocking your device, click on it and fill in all the required details, including the IMEI number that can be found using the instructions above.
- Finally, follow the unlocking process that giffgaff shows, and you should have an unlocked iPhone in about 72 hours
Pros and Cons for unlocking with giffgaff Official Unlocking
- Secure and easily accessible
- Doesn’t have any issues with the process
- Can unlock all iPhones and Android phones
- It has a fast unlocking service (depending on the carrier)
- Requires a lot of time as the device needs to be active for months
- Has a higher cost for unlocking
- Needs you to meet all the specified criteria
Third-party Unlocking Services to Unlock giffgaff iPhone
However, if you don’t meet all the required criteria or can’t get your iPhone unlocked with the official unlocking process from giffgaff, then follow the steps for the third party tools listed below to unlock your device. We highly recommend you use these tools as there are many more fake websites and services that are just in for scamming you out of your money. Hence, the tools listed below are safe, tested and verified to work with carrier-locked iPhones.
The step-by-step process for third-party unlocking services:
- Head on to the respective websites for IMEIDoctor or DirectUnlocks by clicking on the link
- Next, select your region to be the UK from the top right corner of your screen
- Now, select your region and carrier from the drop-down menu below
- Enter the IMEI number of your iPhone and click on the “Unlock for any SIM Card” button
- Next, fill in all the required details and follow the on-screen instructions
- Now, complete the payment for the unlocking process
- Finally, wait for the unlocking process to be completed, and you will receive the unlock code in your email.
- Enter the unlock code on your iPhone, and you’re done you have successfully unlocked your iPhone. Just put in a new SIM card and test out your device
Note: If you are still having trouble with the process, you can contact customer care for the respective services or unlock tools and ask them to help you out and guide you throughout the unlock process.
IMEIDoctor – Best Unlocking Tool for giffgaff iPhones
IMEIDoctor is possibly the best third-party unlocking service that we have come across. It works wonders for unlocking giffgaff iPhones and can quickly and efficiently unlock your device. It also supports a massive range of devices from Android to Apple phones and doesn’t require you to meet any specific criteria. It has a fast turnaround time, and the customer service is excellent, so you don’t have to worry about making any mistakes. You can follow the steps and instructions listed above to get your iPhone unlocked.
Pros and Cons of using IMEIDoctor
- Easy to use and work with
- Affordable and user friendly
- It has a fast unlocking process
- It supports a lot of devices
- It doesn’t require any specific criteria to be met
- It doesn’t support the latest iPhone 12 model
DirectUnlocks – Alternative Pick
DirectUnlocks is another excellent alternative to get your iPhone unlocked, and it uses the IMEI unlock process that all the other unlocking tools we have listed use. In fact, it is also faster than the official unlock service and supports the latest gen iPhones and doesn’t require fulfilling any criteria. The overall unlock process is quick, and you can expect excellent customer care service for the entire unlocking process.
Pros and Cons of using DirectUnlocks
- It has a fast unlocking process
- Is affordable
- Supports the latest gen iPhone 12 series
- Has an excellent customer care service
- The website can be a little buggy sometimes
giffgaff iPhone Unlocking FAQs
Will unlocking my phone affect my warranty?
Yes, you will lose your warranty if you unlock your phone from a third party unlock tool, but some network carriers help you retain your warranty even after unlocking. The only catch is that you need to use their official unlocking service to unlock your device.
Is unlocking safe?
Yes, unlocking your iPhone is safe and secure. It is certified, and companies are insisted to unlock their devices after a specific period of use. Finally, you can use the official unlocking services by the network providers to unlock your phones with guaranteed data protection.
Can I unlock my giffgaff iPhone without SIM?
Yes, you can unlock your iPhone without a SIM. However, you will need to use third-party tools to do so as the official unlocking services require you to have the SIM card. We have listed two great unlock tools above, and you can follow the instructions listed to unlock your locked iPhone.
- How to Unlock giffgaff iPhone in 2021 – Complete Guide - August 3, 2021
- How to Unlock Virgin Mobile iPhone in 2021 - July 21, 2021
- Unlock Three iPhone in 2021 – The Complete Guide - July 1, 2021