Last Updated on July 1, 2021 by Jay
This Unlock Three iPhone Guide will provide you with all the data you need to know about getting your Three iPhone ready to accept all carriers, domestic or international, without any hassle. The critical sections from this guide are the “How to Unlock?” and “Why should you Unlock?” sections. So, keep browsing to get the best knowledge on unlocking and not missing out on any critical sections.
Here are all the details you should know about unlocking your Three iPhone and the different methods you should unlock. So, let us get started, shall we?
Why Should You Unlock Three iPhone?
Unlocking your Three iPhone is a great option that helps you overcome a lot of difficulties with swapping your SIM, and it also brings a lot of benefits such as:
- Services with faster network speeds and better costs
- Better resale value for your old iPhone
- Easy SIM swap for international travelling
In Short; Unlocking your iPhone is a great solution that provides better control over your device and a lot more freedom. So, if any of the above looks like something beneficial to you, let us get your iPhone unlocked.
The Complete Guide to Unlock Three iPhone
Getting to know how the unlocking process works and the eligibility criteria will help you out. So, follow the criteria below to check if you meet the requirements.
Criteria for Unlocking your iPhone: (Applicable to the official method)
- Your iPhone must be locked to the Three network
- The device must be associated with a Three Ireland account
- The device should have been officially purchased from Three
- Your iPhone should not be reported as lost or stolen
- The Three accounts should be paid entirely for any plans
- Your iPhone should remain active for the minimum active period
The Unlocking Method
IMEI Unlocking (Unlocking iPhone 5s to iPhone 12 series)
This unlocking method is the best process to get your iPhone unlocked. All you need to do is get your IMEI number and request an unlock code. It is applicable for the official unlocking process as well as the third-party solutions listed below.
Where is the IMEI number?
IMEI is a specific number that is unique and is assigned to your device for device and credibility verification. This is generally located in the box your phone came in, and you can also find it by following the steps below:
- iPhone IMEI: dial the number *#06# to get the IMEI number displayed on your screen.
- Apple iPads IMEI: go to the “Settings” panel and then click on the “General” section and on “About” and look for the IMEI number.
- Finally, you can also find the IMEI number on the box of your iPhone or iPad.
Unlock Three iPhone officially
Unlocking an iPhone from Three is an easy and straightforward process. First, you need to be eligible for the unlocking process; go to their unlocking website, and fill in a form. Finally, you’ll receive the unlock code in your email, and your device will be unlocked.
For unlocking your iPhone through Three:
- The phone number for the account
- All the information for the Three account
- IMEI number of the device
You need to enter all this information in the Three unlock page, and you can do so by following the steps below:
- Go to the Three unlock website
- Fill in all the required information
- Get the unlock code
- Enter the unlock code in your iPhone
- Put in a new SIM card
Pros for unlocking with Three Official Unlocking
- Three unlocking is free if you meet all the criteria
- The unlock process is fast
Cons for unlocking with Three Official Unlocking
- You need to use the iPhone for a specific time period
- There is a lot of criteria to be met before unlocking
So, what should you do if you don’t meet all the criteria and can’t get your iPhone unlocked from Three? What should you do? Well, in this case, you can follow the guide below and use the recommended third-party services to get your iPhone unlocked.
Third-party Unlocking Services to Unlock Three Phone
IMEI unlocking is the only method that is successful nowadays for unlocking your iPhone. However, it requires you to be a little knowledgeable so that you don’t fall for scammers or websites offering fake services. For example, if you see a cheap SIM unlocking service that promises to unlock your iPhone in just seconds, then you have to be careful as some websites hand out fake unlocking codes, resulting in you losing your money. Hence, here we are with some of the best recommendations to save you from all the loss and get your iPhone unlocked with ease.
The step-by-step process for third-party unlocking services:
Step 2: Click on the region tab on the top-right section of the webpage and select the UK.
Step 3: After you have selected the region, choose your carrier, which in our case should be Three.
Step 4: After the carrier selection, select the device model and enter the IMEI number of your phone.
Step 5: Now, enter your details and other information required by the service.
Step 6: Finally, head on to the payment screen and complete the payment.
Step 7: After you complete the payment, you will get the unlock code in your email within a day or two.
Step 8: Now, enter the unlock code in your iPhone and check it with a new SIM card from a different carrier.
DirectUnlocks – Best unlocking service for Three iPhones (highly recommended)
DirectUnlocks is an easy to use carrier unlocking website for your iPhone that works with all the models ranging from iPhone 5s unlocking to the latest and greatest iPhone 12 series. The unlocking process is fast and delivers an overall smooth experience throughout the UI. It also has an excellent customer care service that can help you guide through the entire process and help you get your unlock code as fast as possible if you get stuck somewhere. Our experience was fantastic, and we would highly recommend that you give DirectUnlocks a shot.
Pros for using DirectUnlocks:
- Ease and fast unlocking service
- It can unlock all iPhones and even supports the latest generation models
- Has an excellent customer service
- Delivers the unlock code in about a day or so at max
Cons for using DirectUnlocks:
- The website can sometimes experience lag or stutters depending on the server load
In Short, If you need a quick, reliable service that can get your iPhone unlocked, DirectUnlocks is the way to go as it has support for all the iPhone generations and is easy to navigate and work with. It also has excellent support service and can help you out in a pinch if you get stuck somewhere in the unlocking process.
IMEIDoctor – Great Unlocking service (Doesn’t support iPhone 12 series)
IMEIDoctor would’ve been the go-to recommendation due to the clean UI and an overall faster experience unlocking your iPhone. However, it has a small caveat that renders it useless for new iPhone users. In addition, it doesn’t support the latest iPhone lineup and is only best for unlocking older devices. So, if you’re someone with an iPhone 11 or below, then you’re in luck as IMEIDoctor can quickly unlock your iPhone without any hassle or time issues.
Pros for using IMEIDoctor:
- Can unlock all older iPhones quickly and easily
- It has a lot more stable website and doesn’t experience lags
- It is the fastest for unlocking US and UK carriers
- It has a lot of positive reviews
Cons for using IMEIDoctor:
- It doesn’t support the latest iPhone 12 generation
In Short, If you have an older iPhone such as the iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 or similar and need it to be unlocked, then IMEIDoctor is the best option for you. It is probably the fastest unlock code generator and will get your phone unlocked in hours. However, it doesn’t support the latest generation and, unfortunately, doesn’t work for newer iPhone owners. We hope the support will come soon, so if you can wait, then using IMEIDoctor will get all your devices unlocked in hours.
Three iPhone Unlocking FAQs
Is iPhone Three unlock legal?
Yes, unlocking your Three iPhone is completely legal, and Three also helps you do so. If you have completed the specified time period, then Three will unlock your device for free, but if you haven’t, then it would cost you a specific charge for getting your device unlocked.
How to Unlock Three iPhone without a SIM card?
You can unlock all Three locked iPhones without a SIM by using a third party unlock tool or service. The services listed above can unlock your iPhone in hours, and following the steps listed above will get you optimum results. However, if you make a mistake, you can also take help from their customer care services and get your iPhone unlocked.
Can you unlock your Three iPhone before the specified time period?
Yes, you can also unlock your iPhone before the specified time period from Three and other third-party services. However, doing so will cost you and require you to follow and use the right services for the job. The websites above work great and will get your iPhone unlocked quickly if you’re not using Three’s unlocking services.
- How to Unlock giffgaff iPhone in 2021 – Complete Guide - August 3, 2021
- How to Unlock Virgin Mobile iPhone in 2021 - July 21, 2021
- Unlock Three iPhone in 2021 – The Complete Guide - July 1, 2021