Last Updated on July 21, 2021 by Husain Parvez
Looking for a safe and effective way to unlock Virgin Mobile iPhone in the easiest way possible? Here’s what you need to do.
So, you got yourself a new iPhone, or you have an old one locked on the Virgin Mobile Network. Getting stuck with a carrier locked device is no fun, and it also takes out all the benefits of an unlocked device. However, we’re here to help you overcome this issue as this Virgin Mobile Unlock iOS Guide will provide you with all the information and processes needed about getting your Virgin Mobile iPhone ready to accept all network carrier SIMs, domestic or international with straightforward instructions.
The crucial sections to keep in mind are the “How to Unlock?” and “Why should you Unlock?” parts, and so, keep on reading to get the best intel on unlocking your device. Here is all the essential information you should know about unlocking your Virgin Mobile iPhone and all the different methods you may need to unlock your iPhone. So, let us get started, shall we?
Why Should You Unlock Virgin Mobile iPhone?
Unlocking your Virgin Mobile iPhone brings about a lot of benefits. This can range from a price variance to an overall better, faster and seamless experience. Let’s take a look at all that you can get from unlocking your Virgin Mobile iPhone:
- Faster network speeds, cheaper data costs and better connectivity
- Customizable and personalized data and network plans
- A better resale value
- Easy and seamless international travelling options
In Short, There are many benefits with unlocking that can improve your iPhone’s overall experience and performance. From cheaper data rates to an increase in the device’s value, all of this comes with unlocking. However, the process can be challenging for beginners, and the guide below will help you get the best out of your iPhone.
The Complete Guide to Unlock Virgin Mobile iPhone
Before you get to the primary process, there are a few things that you should keep in mind, and these will make your unlocking rate much faster and help you have a better overall experience. So, let’s take a look at all these bits and pieces for unlocking.
What do you need to unlock your device?
- The iPhone you want to unlock
- A SIM card from a different carrier
- The IMEI number of your phone
Criteria for Unlocking your iPhone: (Only for Official Unlocking from Virgin Mobile)
- You need to have a Virgin Mobile Subscription
- The iPhone must be locked to the Virgin Mobile network
- The iPhone cannot be reported either as lost or stolen
- Your iPhone must be HSPA or LTE compatible
- Your Virgin Mobile account must be in good standing with all payment dues cleared
- The phone number for the account
- You should have your personal information for the Virgin Mobile account ready
Note: However, if you don’t meet any of the criteria above, you would likely need to use a third party unlocking tool listed below.
Virgin Mobile uses the IMEI unlocking process, which is the safest and fastest unlocking process for all your devices. In fact, all the third-party tools that we’ll be looking at today use the same process, so rest assured that your device would be safe and be unlocked in under a day.
What is the IMEI number, and where can you find it?
The IMEI number is a specific set of digits unique to your device and is used for device and credibility verification. It is located on the box your phone came in, or you can also look for it by following the instructions below:
- Apple iPhone IMEI: dial *#06#, and you’ll see the IMEI number on the screen.
- Apple iPad IMEI: Head on to “Settings” and click on “General” and “About” to find the IMEI number.
Unlock Virgin Mobile iPhone Officially
Unlocking an iPhone from Virgin Mobile is easy and seamless. You just want to check if you’re eligible and then follow the steps below:
- Head on to the Virgin Mobile webpage
- Log in with your account and enter your details
- Get the unlock code from Virgin Mobile
- Now, you have to enter the unlock code in your iPhone and put in a new SIM card to try it out
Note: This process can take you an entire day to complete, and it depends on how fast you get the unlock code from Virgin Mobile.
Pros and Cons for unlocking with Virgin Mobile Official Unlocking
- Virgin Mobile unlocking is free and fast
- You just need to have the IMEI code ready
- It is safe and secure to use
- You need to be a Virgin Mobile user for a specific period of time
- The unlocking criteria are vast
So, what should you do if you don’t meet all the requirements and can’t get your iPhone unlocked from Virgin Mobile? Well, you can use the third-party unlocking tools listed below. They, too, use the same IMEI unlocking method, and you can rest assured that your iPhone would be unlocked in no time.
Third-party Unlocking Services to Unlock Virgin Mobile Phone
IMEI Unlocking is the safest method you can use to get your iPhone unlocked. There are a lot of scammers and cheap unlocking services that promise a lot but deliver false claims. So, to be on the safe side, use only the tested services listed below.
The step-by-step process for third-party unlocking services:
Step 2: Next, select your region on the top-right corner of the page and select the USA.
Step 3: After you have selected your region, choose your network carrier, which should be Virgin Mobile.
Step 4: Now that you have selected your carrier, specify your device model and enter the IMEI number.
Step 5: Follow the on-screen instructions and enter your details and other information required by the unlocking tool.
Step 6: Finally, go to the payment screen, complete the payment and get your unlock code in your email.
Step 7: Enter the unlock code on your iPhone and insert a new SIM card from a different carrier to check if the iPhone has been completely unlocked.
DirectUnlocks – Best Virgin Mobile Unlocking Tool (Highly Recommended)
If you can’t get your iPhone unlocked from Virgin Mobile’s unlocking service, then you can use DirectUnlockes as your primary tool. It has an excellent unlocking service that can help you unlock even the latest iPhones with ease and deliver a seamless experience unmatched by others. However, the unlocking process has many steps that need to be fulfilled, and finally, the service isn’t free and requires a one-time payment for the unlock code generator to mail you an unlock code for your iPhone.
- Fast unlocking service
- Code generator mails unlock codes quickly
- All iPhone models are supported (even the latest gen)
- The customer care service is fantastic
- It has an affordable unlocking cost
- The websites may experience lags
- The unlocking process has many steps
In Short, DirectUnlocks is a great overall service that can help you unlock your iPhone with ease. It does this with the same IMEI unlocking process that Virgin Mobile uses, and you can rest assured that your iPhone will be unlocked quickly without any issues. However, if you face any problem, the excellent customer support team will help you resolve it as soon as possible.
IMEIDoctor – Alternative Pick (Doesn’t support iPhone 12 series)
IMEIDoctor is the next best unlocking service after DoctorUnlocks. It works on the same IMEI unlocking method and has support for many Android and Apple devices. However, it doesn’t support the latest-gen iPhone 12 series, which is a real bummer for many people. However, if you want to unlock an older iPhone like unlocking iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 7 or 8, then IMEIDoctor would work perfectly well and have your iPhone unlocked in no time.
- Can unlock all the older iPhones
- It has a lag-free experience while unlocking
- A lot of Virgin Mobile users recommend it
- Has an excellent customer care service
- The latest iPhone 12th gen isn’t supported
- It has a slower unlocking rate than DirectUnlocks
In Short, If you don’t have the latest-gen iPhone and want the best unlocking service for older iPhones, then IMEIDoctor is the way to go. It also supports unlocking iPads and other Android devices, and the unlocking process is seamless. We hope that the iPhone 12 support comes soon and makes the tool one of the best on the internet.
Virgin Mobile iPhone Unlocking FAQs
Is iPhone Virgin Mobile unlock legal?
Yes, unlocking your Virgin Mobile iPhone is legal, and Virgin Mobile also helps you do so with their official unlocking platform. If you meet all the Virgin Mobile requirements, they will unlock your device for free, but if you don’t, then you would have to pay a specific amount for getting your device unlocked through other third-party unlocking services.
How to Unlock Virgin Mobile iPhone without a SIM card?
You can unlock all Virgin Mobile carrier-locked iPhones without a SIM by using a third party unlock tool. These tools help you get the unlock code, and the services listed above can unlock your iPhone quickly. We also have the complete guide on the unlocking process, and following the steps will get you optimum results.
Can you unlock your Virgin Mobile iPhone before the specified time period?
All carrier-locked phones such as a Virgin Mobile iPhone can be unlocked before the specified time period. However, doing so would cost you money, and you may even need to turn to third-party unlocking services to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- How to Unlock giffgaff iPhone in 2021 – Complete Guide - August 3, 2021
- How to Unlock Virgin Mobile iPhone in 2021 - July 21, 2021
- Unlock Three iPhone in 2021 – The Complete Guide - July 1, 2021