Passcodes offer protection. Without our passcodes, strangers are unable to unlock our phones and go through our personal information. However, you may find yourself stuck in the unfortunate situation where you’ve suddenly forgotten your passcode. Or perhaps your mischievous little one has played with your phone and accidentally locked you out.
How do you unlock your iPhone without passcodes in these cases? Fortunately, our trusty aide, Siri, can be used hands-free to unlock our phones.
This trick can also be used to unlock our phones hands-free when we’re working out or otherwise too engaged to change the song on your playlist.
But how exactly is it done? Here’s how you can do it.
How to Unlock any iPhone With Siri
First, we start by enabling Siri. To do this, press and hold the home button for a few seconds. Doing this will automatically enable Siri on your iPhone. Now that it has been activated, you’re ready to start unlocking the device.
Ask Siri if she can open your phone’s world clock. Once the clock is displayed, simply touch it. The world clock should open, displaying both the clock itself and the list of music and tunes that you have the option of using as your alarm ringtones.
In that tab, you should see a button that says “buy more tunes”- tap it. It will take you to the iTunes store.
Once you’re there, click on the home button. This step should take you to your home screen, and if it does, you have just successfully unlocked your iPhone with Siri’s help and without using a passcode.
Benefits of Enabling Siri
- Enabling Siri for when your phone is locked allows you to flip through your playlist without taking your hands off the steering wheel of your vehicle.
- By enabling Siri, you’re giving yourself the option to ask questions and receive answers almost instantly.
- You can use Siri to take note of important ideas, new songs to look up, groceries you need to get, or upcoming movies that you want to see.
- In times of need, such as in the case of a vehicle accident or severe injury, Siri can be used to contact loved ones or emergency services.
- For those with visual impairments, Siri is an important tool that allows them to navigate their smart devices with ease.
Disadvantages of Enabling Siri
- Siri can be prone to listening problems. This means that if you don’t speak clearly or have a thick accent, the technology might not understand what you ask of her.
- Siri, like many other voice assistants, does not work without some sort of internet connection, whether it be a data or wi-fi connection.
- Siri can be used for identity theft.
How to Find Owner Information with Siri (Hands-Free)
If you’ve ever found a phone just sitting on the sidewalk or at the back table of a restaurant and have tried to figure out who it belongs to, you know that the information you need isn’t always readily available.
Due to passcodes and passwords, you might be unable to find the owner’s name or email address – two things that would make returning their phone much easier.
If the phone you find is an iPhone, there is a way that you can use Siri to access the information necessary for returning the phone to its rightful owner.
The process is simple. All you have to do is ask Siri a simple question: “Siri, who owns this phone?”. Siri should reply by telling you the person’s name, email address, and phone number.
When activating a new iPhone, owners are asked if they want to set up Siri. Most people agree before reading what the agreement entails. If you ask this question, the phone number won’t be very helpful, as the phone is against your ear.
You can ask another question though. Ask Siri which number you call the most often. Siri will reply by telling you the name of the contact that, according to the phone’s call log, you call the most.
You can then use Siri to call said contact and inform that person of the situation regarding the phone.
However, with the way technology and voice recognition has been advancing, it’s possible that Siri won’t respond to your voice. If this is the case, you can still use this method. All you have to do is press and hold the home button for 3-4 seconds before asking the questions.
As you can see, Siri can be a relatively helpful technology. She can be used in times of need or for simple, mundane tasks that we could do but would rather not. Unlocking an iPhone with Siri’s help is a breeze, and finding personal information about an iPhone user is even easier with her help. There is a drawback of enabling Siri, but often, many users feel that they are outweighed by the benefits.