Gonzui is Epic Soaring Birdflight Through RAA
It’s time to give the RAA some credit. I mean it all happened so quietly. In March, available tarballs are now cached right on the RAA. In addition, the Gonzui source code search engine is available for searching anything on RAA. Let me show you how lishious this is.
- classdef:URI [go]
- search for URI class definitions.
- moduledef:XML [go]
- finds all modules which share the
- package:ruby funcdef:rb_const_get [go]
- locates the function definition for the
rb_const_getfunction in the Ruby source code.
- package:ruby funcall:rb_const_get [go]
- finds any calls to
rb_const_getin the Ruby source code.
- comment:metaclass [go]
- searches the comments of all source code for references to the word “metaclass”.
Granted, this can all be done with grep and a complete mirror of RAA. However, if you click on the results, you’ll be taken to the line of source code directly with some tasteful syntax highlighting. I mean come on!
In Firefox, bookmark rcode, go to properties and add the “rcode” keyword. Then:
rcode comment:metaclass in the address bar.